Author Topic: naps and separation anxiety  (Read 637 times)

Offline spd

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 27, 2007, 18:20:22 pm »
my 10.5 month-old won't let me put him to sleep. sleeps great if his
dad puts him down-- this has been the approximate schedule:

7:00--wake, nurse
8:00--breakfast
9:00--morning nap (45-60 min.-we wake him after 60 to preserve the afternoon nap)
11:00--milk (just switched this to a bottle today--started weaning him a couple weeks ago due to low milk supply)
11:30/12:00--lunch
1:00--afternoon nap (1-2 hours)
4:00--milk, snack
5:30--dinner
6:30--milk
7:00--bed

A week ago, i had no trouble getting him to sleep. close curtains, change diaper, put sleepsack on, rock/pat/sing for 5-10 minutes, then put him in his crib. he would cry for a few minutes and might play for a while but would eventually go to sleep on his own most times. We have had trouble getting Grandma to do the same thing--she was watching him a lot and wouldn't leave him alone as much.

now, he calms down when i rock him, but as soon as i go to put him in the crib, he cries and won't stop for more than a minute. stands on his knees at the end of the crib, facing the door, turns the music on, and cries till i come back in and pick him up. have tried PU/PD, and he just keeps crying and won't sleep.

This week he's only taken naps while driving or lying down with me--he doesn't sleep long with me, though. usually half and hour. he's been sleeping longer at night--12.5-13 hours, so he's catching up some, but he's clearly tired during the day.

any advice?

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: naps and separation anxiety
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 23:53:06 pm »
Just bumping this up for you  :D
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o