Author Topic: Does anyone have an Ergo carrier???  (Read 1325 times)

Offline skatty

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
Does anyone have an Ergo carrier???
« on: June 28, 2007, 14:14:26 pm »
I have 7 slings/carriers but I am still looking for that elusive one that will be easy to use, comfy etc. My fave so far has been my Freedom pouch sling but now DD is 9 months it puts too much strain on my back and shoulder. I have been looking at the Ergo and it sounds ideal but I want to know if in reality it is easy to put on and off and if it is comfortable. It saŭs it can be used into toddlerhood but does anyone know if this is realistic? I don't want to spend another £60 on a sling that I'll not end up using.

Cheers, Katt
Katt

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Does anyone have an Ergo carrier???
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 15:17:44 pm »
Well, you're a few ahead of me as the Ergo was only my 4th (or was it 5th?) carrier.  I really LOVE it.  It is really easy to get on and off in the front position, I haven't worked on the back position yet, but people I know who have it say it's easy once you get the hang of it.  I carry my 8 mo in it all the time, still on my front, it's only getting more difficult as she keeps grabbing things out of my hands.  She's really comfy on my back now.  I have a friend who carries her 15ish mo in it all the time and another friend who has used it to carry a 3 yo (though not regularly, just every once in awhile).  You can use it in the hip position too, though I haven't tried that.  It comes with a DVD that shows you how to use it.  I think if you get it from the company you can return it within 30 days and I think there's another company out there called My Favorite Baby Carrier (or something like that) that lets you have a 90 day trial.  I'd highly recommend it. :)

Offline Ami ~ 3 girls' mom

• Showing Appreciation 70
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 16:00:17 pm »
The patapum is similar and costs less.  They and the Ergo are wonderful.   :)

Offline mattandcindy

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 17:02:47 pm »
I loved the Ergo in terms of is being easy on the back and shoulders. I mostly used it in the hip position.
I did find it hard to get on and off compared to the baby bjorn or other slings.....
Cindy

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Showing Appreciation 174
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 06:21:38 am »
We have Ergo too :)
I find it little hard to get on for front carries but easy for back carries.
Its good because DH usually like it. Also suggest that patapum is pretty similar, less bulky maybe as it has no pocket.
~Efka~

Offline piccolo

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 04:25:14 am »
I love our Ergo carriers, and so does my husband. (We have twins so we each get one!) I have only tried the front position and find it pretty quick and easy to get on. No back pain at all. (My kids are 4 mos. old now.) The DVD is most helpful!

Offline skatty

• Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 17:39:04 pm »
Thank you everone  :) We have ordered our Ergo as i sounds perfect for us and also we have read more reviews where the most negative comment was that it's quite hard to put on the back position which isn't too bad a problem. I am excited now and will let you know what I think  ;)
Katt