Author Topic: Eating more but no weight gain  (Read 913 times)

Offline Nick's Mum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 13, 2007, 16:28:29 pm »
Wonder if anyone has the same experience? Before when my baby was 7 months and was teething, he was averaging only 500-600ml (20oz)of formula per day with about 3-4 tbsp food 2 times per day. Now, he's 9 months old, teething is gone and he's become much better at feeding and usually has 700ml - 750ml (24-25oz) of formula plus 6 tbsp of food twice a day and some snacks. Yet his weight has remained unchanged at 18pounds for like 4 to 5 weeks! What happened to all the food he drank/ate!?

Also, is it a fairly normal amount to feed a 9 month old - 6 tbsp of food twice a day? 

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: Eating more but no weight gain
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 21:03:06 pm »
I would not worry unless your lo actually starts losing weight.  If your HV / GP is not worried, I would not worry too much.

At 9 months your lo is probably a lot more active than he was at 7 monts i.e crawling / shuffling round the floor etc. he is probably just burning more calories now.

With regards to the solids, I am no expert, but my DS was on 3 full meals a day as well as 2 snacks.

HTH's

Paula
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline lin7604

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 20:10:26 pm »
my ds is almost 9 months and eats 4-5 tbs of cereal 3 times a day and 1/2 jar of veggies also at luncha nd 1/2 jar of fruit at supper also.  He eats 24-30 oz of formula  day as well.

my ds also hasn't gained any weight in 2 months.  He was 24 lbs at his 6 month appt and he still is 24 lbs now and he's 9 months on the 24th.  He is growing in hight though, so i'm not concerned.  i think he finally has hit a plateau.