Author Topic: Is my 2yr old telling me he is ready to drop his nap??  (Read 8078 times)

andibig

Re: Is my 2yr old telling me he is ready to drop his nap??
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2007, 19:46:32 pm »
Well it was like Thomas was actually reading this post as he woke up at 7am ready to start the day.  I soooo was not ready to get up  :-\

OH dear :-[. Feeling slightly embarassed now suggesting it.Thank god i didn't suggest even earlier.

Is he asleep yet?!

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2007, 19:51:29 pm »
LOL, thank goodness.  I left him to play in his room this morning - he was reading stories and chatting away, and I got him just after 7:30, so it was not too bad.

Just gone 20:55, and I think he is settling  :-\   Went up to check on him and he had taken his nappy off  :(
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

andibig

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2007, 19:59:51 pm »
Message to Thomas ;D.

I know you read Mummys post 8) so please go to sleep darling (put your nappy on first-cheeky monkey!!).Mummy needs her sleep.
Night night Thomas :-*

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2007, 20:04:27 pm »
Thanks for the message.

He must have read your mind - 9:00pm and he is finally asleep.

He must have done the same thing with his nappy last night, as when I got him up this morning, half of it was hanging between his legs.  Oh the joys  :-\

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2007, 23:45:58 pm »
Natasha, I was thinking about limiting his nap, but I am not sure if Nursery would actually do that  :-\

Will he continue to go after you have the baby?

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline jennyh

• take each day as it comes.
  • Showing Appreciation 278
  • my angels.
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2007, 06:51:13 am »
paula how is it going?is tt pulling his nappy off?duct tape over the normal tabs.
we have managed about 6-7 days of no naps :o.the only plus is she goes to bed at 6 and gets up at 6 :-\ .she is slightly manic between 4-6 but thats cos shes shatterd :(.
children are precious,cherish the moments....
dd1 -01-08-03
dd2-29-06-05

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2007, 19:33:09 pm »
Hi Natasha, yes Thomas will still go to nurser when the baby comes.  If I take him out I will lose his place, and it is very difficult to find a nursery that has places available.  Had to put baby #2's name down when I was about 3 months PG to ensure a place for her in February.

Thanks Jenny, will try the duct tape - never thought of that.

Well ladies, I wish I never started moaning about Toms sleep over the past few days as things have gotten worse  :(  He woke up this morning at 6:40 and would not go back to sleep.  That is after falling asleep at 9:00pm.  At least before I started moaning he was sleeping until 8:00am  :'(  I bet he is actually reading these posts and saying to himself I will show you.

Do you think this could all be developmental?  He is really having a surge in conversation at the moment, and also perhaps with the wanting to start potty training?  I am wondering if this is what is affecting his sleep, as although he has not finished teething he is not teething at the moment.

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2007, 20:15:18 pm »
Hope you had a good weekend away Stacy  ;D

It is good to know that I am not alone.  At least I know that he is in his bed and is not crying.  It is weird, I can just relax a lot easier when I know that he is asleep - even though I am not running up and down the stairs after him as he does not need me he is just chatting, singing etc.

This evening he fell asleep a little after 8:30m, must have been tired after his really early wake up this morning.  Fingers crossed he sleeps in until a decent hour tomorrow morning.  Again, even though he is awake early, he is not crying, he will call for us, and if we don't respond, he will play in his room, shouting, singing etc etc.  But I just cannot sleep if he is awake - DP thinks I am weird  ::)

andibig

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2007, 18:53:36 pm »
Paula
I know exacty what you mean.I can't fully settle until i know Sasha is asleep.
It could very well be developmental.Maybe his singing etc at night is his way of winding down now.ok he is phiscally tired but the old brain is still going processing this information like PT and talking.

Andrea

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2007, 23:03:42 pm »
Sorry new to this thread but want to give HUGE {{{{HUGS}}}} to all out there with sleepless babies. Mine is one of them... she's got plans of her own... its all driving me NUTS!!!!

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2007, 19:35:48 pm »
Andrea - that does make sense.

LOL Stacy, when you have figured out what Kaleb is planning please do tell us  ;D

Thanks for the Hugs Isabella&Jasmine's mum - feel free to join our chat - sorry you are going through the same thing, but is good to know that we are not the only ones.

Well after he settled so well on Tuesday night he slept all night and woke up at 8:10 - I was acutally late, as I did not expect him to sleep that long  :o

Last night I went out with work, and MIL was looking after him.  She had him during the day too, and had given him chocolate  >:( so was totally wired.  When we came back home, MIL came with us to baby sit.  I told her the way he has been doing things and told her to leave him unless he got upset.  I expected a fight with bedtime especially with the choc that he had eaten.  Anyway, when I got home MIL said he was put to bed at 8:00pm and was asleep by 8:10  :o Why do I never have that angel?  Anyway he slept pretty well and woke up around 7:15 am so was not too bad.

He did wake up with a cold this morning so am not sure how our night and morning will go.  Will keep you posted.

andibig

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2007, 19:44:19 pm »
GRRRR MIL.sasha does exactly the same (or so MIL says???).oh yes went straight to sleep tonight!!!!

Hope thomas gets over his cold soon :-*
Sasha has taken over from Thomas now and was shouting Mummy,Mummy,poo poo from her bedroom ::).hasn't gone to sleep till 8.30 for the past 2 nights ::)

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2007, 19:47:49 pm »
I think they may be in cahoots  ;)

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2007, 20:36:44 pm »
LOL I hear you on that Stacy.

I get it all the time.  He has been an angel, he only starts playing up when you get here - makes me feel like a great mum  :-\ He never does that with just us, it must be that he is playing you  - blah blah blah.......  That is why when I go back to work next year the new lo will go straight into nursery  ;)

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2007, 22:39:22 pm »
I am joining you the last week DD has been taking alot longer to fall asleep at bedtime. I go in to check on her after 30mins and she is lying their and says to me Teeth Hurt she has all her teeth >:(
Anyway i hope this is just a phase she is napping 1.5hrs and i do not want to cut back on this as i need a rest and she needs the rest. She only did 1hr 15mins yesterday and still took a while to fall asleep.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07