Author Topic: SHARE Learning together with your children  (Read 996 times)

fifibobandmore

SHARE Learning together with your children
« on: July 13, 2007, 20:56:36 pm »
Just thought I would like to share an experience I have had for the past 6 weeks as it is absolutely amazing and fun to do with your children. I am going to be going back to the group on 14th September as next Friday is my sons last day at school before the holiday and they decided that we should have a week to get things we need for the holidays with out having to take all of our children out resources shopping

Me and my husband joined this group run at my sons school in Nottingham as they were going to learn us about activities we could do with our children of all ages but they mainly consentat ed on 3-5 year old but they adapt the activities for younger and older siblings. Every week we looked at a different activity like today we looked at road safety and the activity we looked at was making traffic lights to help our children understand about the dangers of a road and we have been given all the equipment we need to do the activity and ideas we could do over the summer holidays and was also given a box with things in for us to work on building a rainy day box.

When you join the group you get a bag which has a folder in for getting started, an activity booklet for parents on the area the runners of the group have picked we have been working from a healthy together booklet, a pen, a diary to write your activities and report on them in, a sheet of stickers, a CD with songs and rhymes on and a book that goes with the CD.

If anyone is interested in finding out if their is a group near them then I could contact one of the people that runs the group I do and ask them weather they could find out about the other places that the groups are running and how you could find out if you could have a group at your child's school

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: SHARE Learning together with your children
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 13:41:33 pm »
That sounds fantastic!!!

If you get any more general details please post them as I bet they would be useful for lots of our members.

H xx