Author Topic: How much use will my 2 year old get out of a Playhouse even when he is older?  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
I am thinking about getting my son a playhouse for his 2nd Birthday.  Either Little Tikes or Step 2 version. 

Some of these can be very expensive, so before I invest a lot of $ into one, I wanted to check with some other mom's to see if kids really do use it.

I really think he would like going in and out the door, etc.  and eventually once he got into pretend play a lot. 

I also have a new baby on the way (another boy), so I would think they would play in it together once the baby got old enough.

Do you have a playhouse for your kid and if so, do they really use it.  I have seen one that I liked for $399.00 and then another one (smaller) for $160.00

Thanks!!! Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline RyansMum

• Showing Appreciation 138
  • Minecraft mad!
I haven't got one but I have been seriously thinking about it for our son, he is 2 next month, although his birthday pressies are sorted!

When we go to soft play places he absolutely loves the houses the most.  I think so long as the house is not too girly (cos eventually I think that will play a part) then I can see them using it fot at least a couple of years if not into early school time.

em_here

My DS loves his, and I know that when I was a child, I had one that I had until I was about 5, as I got older I could use my imagination to have make believe parties etc.... i miss that playhouse!  :-*

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
Thanks!  Yeah I would deft. get him one that is not to girly (his daddy would not go for that).

Emma:  What brand do you have??
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

em_here

It is a small one, its by Little Tykes x

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
We've got a smaller Little Tykes one, cost somewhere around $150, my dd goes through stages of playing in it all the time and not being very interested in it.  I would look into garage sales and things like that as I've heard that lots of people get rid of them that way.  I don't think there's a huge difference between the expensive ones and cheaper ones too, just a little bit more room.