Author Topic: Dropping Last Bottle  (Read 931 times)

Offline irish3680

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • I'm such a good sport!
Dropping Last Bottle
« on: July 17, 2007, 03:07:22 am »
Hi Ladies,

Ella is almost 11 months old. We are in the process of dropping her last bottle before bed because I feel it was affecting her eating during the day and I don't feel she truly needs it, more of a habit before bed. I have been decreasing the bottle by 1 oz each night and she is totally fine with it, seems less interested in it, and eating more during the day. Last last few nights she has drank a few ozs and pushed it away wanting her bedtime stories. She eats a lot at her meals and drinks formula in her sippy cup at each meal. I am just worried about her going from 5:45 pm dinner to 8:00 am breakfast. It seems her system is adjusting just fine as we are doing it gradually and she has been unaffected, but I'm just worried. Our routine is:

7:30 am: wake-up
8:00: Breakfast
10:30 - 11:15: nap
12:00: Lunch
2:00: Small snack
2:15 - 4:00/4:15: nap
5:45: Dinner
7:00: small bottle
7:15: bed

She doesn't eat well if her meals are too close to each other. Today she at a big lunch and refused her pm snack and ate a smaller amount than usual for dinner. Anyone else drop the last bottle early? I appreciate all responses!!

Thanks!
Shannon
Shannon

Ella Grace 8/25/06
Mya Rose 4/18/09
Cal Howard 10/17/10

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Dropping Last Bottle
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 18:22:49 pm »
Hi Shannon,

My advice to you would be to not worry about that bottle yet. Formula/breastmilk should remain the primary source of nutrition until 12 mo. so I wouldn't try and eliminate it totally until she's at least 12 mo. JMHO!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
Re: Dropping Last Bottle
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 18:30:26 pm »
We were down to 1 bedtime bottle at 12 months.  We actually kept it till about 17 months.  More of a routine than actually needing the nourishment.  I would still offer it to her at night time and she can decide if she wants it or not.

HTH!
Judy