Author Topic: What can I feed her? Any food ideas appreciated!  (Read 1262 times)

Offline chezzie8

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
What can I feed her? Any food ideas appreciated!
« on: July 17, 2007, 09:55:37 am »
Hi everyone,

Im looking for some food ideas. Not only is Ellie only allowed a few foods, she is getting particuarly picky too.

She cant tolerate, wheat, dairy, soy, eggs, yeast, corn, oats, beef, berries, and some gelatine agents.

Does not leave much ey! She loves ham, would eat that all the time, and chips. But she cant live off that can she. Thankfully she also is very good with fruit, but not so good with veg.

Any ideas would really be appreciated.

Cheryl x

Offline skatty

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
Re: What can I feed her? Any food ideas appreciated!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:16:15 am »
Could you feed her baked potatoes with various toppings? Maybe baked beans or tuna. My DD loves rice cakes especially with avocado/guacamole. It must be hard for you, my DD is MSPI and that's hard enough, I'll keep thinking. How old is your DD?
Katt

Offline jennyh

• take each day as it comes.
  • Showing Appreciation 278
  • my angels.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 12:05:48 pm »
millet pasta,homemade bolognese sauce,chunks cooked chicken,rice pudding made with her milk,
children are precious,cherish the moments....
dd1 -01-08-03
dd2-29-06-05

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 12:13:30 pm »
You could try mash potato which gives possibilities of mixing other vegetables into it. My dd used to be fussy with vegetables so we used to make vegetable soup and blitz it so that she did not know what was in it. We used to occasionally add lamb or chicken to it aswell.

I really understand your problem as my ds has very similar allergies to your dd. James has developed a severe food aversion which his consultant thinks is due to the amount of allergic reactions he has had. Due to this James will only eat raisins and drink neocate advance. Before James developed this aversion he would eat a small range of food which had to be blitzed with just tiny lumps in otherwise he would gag and be sick. He used to have apple, pear, lamb, butternut squash, sweet potato, carrots, swede, spinach and rice. There was obviously a couple of foods that still used to cause problems as he would have problems with wind and it would flare his eczema slightly. We tried to figure it out but never could.

The kidswithfoodallergies site has a great recipe section on it that would be of great help. It is $25 a year for membership but you can get sponsorship. I can't wait to try some of the recipes if only my son would eat them.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline chezzie8

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 20:07:29 pm »
Thanks for that ladies.

I have tried the avacardo and rice cracker, plus rice pudding. She likes that.

HI Jimbob, sorry your still going through it. Ellie is still on Neocate, not the advance. I will ask her consultant next month. ISnt it a nightmare feeding these children, I really feel for Ellie when going to parties start. I wiil just have to make special food, and ask them to give it to her. Bless.

Thank again,

Cheryl xx

Offline jennyh

• take each day as it comes.
  • Showing Appreciation 278
  • my angels.
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 20:25:45 pm »
cheryl thats what i do :(.i carry a permenant packed lunch with us :-\
children are precious,cherish the moments....
dd1 -01-08-03
dd2-29-06-05

Offline lovedtodeath

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 02:06:17 am »
My DD loved turkey salad on rye crackers. I made homemade bread out of barley and rye. Barley makes the best cookies! We also used some white sweet potato flour to make cereal and "peanut butter", even milk! also, look at gluten free stuff, bobs red mill, health food stores, and king arthur flour. they all offer a variety of grains.

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 06:30:35 am »
Before my ds went off food he used to really enjoy the lamb and vegetable soup I used to make. I used to use a safe vegetable stock that I found which was free of all top 8 allergens, so many of them are not in UK. I also used to make vegetable soups aswell. It was an easy way of getting lots of yummy vegetables inside him. I still make it for the rest of the family actually and do still try James with it but he doesnot want to know :'(. One day it will change I am sure.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker