Author Topic: Travelling to UK - car seat hire  (Read 1266 times)

Offline waffler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Mummy get Nemo off me!
Travelling to UK - car seat hire
« on: July 19, 2007, 06:57:11 am »
I can't find a suitable board so I'll just post it here.

We will be going to the UK in September for a month. Initially, we'll hire a car from Heathrow, and get a carseat there. We're staying in Salcombe with family. However the car will not be with us as we won't need it, so DH will drop the car off back to the rental company and with it, will go the car seat.

We'd like the option of going on day trips in cars that belong to family. But we won't have one with us. Options are, we buy a car seat and either bring it with us from Singapore (where we live) or we purchase it in the UK and get it sent to in-laws. But is there a company in the UK who will hire out car seats to holiday makers? We'd probably want the option of going on day trips in cars belonging to the family. Would like to do the cost-friendly options!

Thanks for suggestions.

Of course, I'm convinced it's just cheaper to buy a car seat brand new and leave it in the UK with family as we'll be going back so often... and we plan on having more kids. But it's always so annoying as we'll always fly into Heathrow, and won't have family to pick us up there so we'll be without car seats! So that's why we'll have to hire a car..... confusing isn't it??
Dad/Husband : Matt
Mum/Wife : (Ali)
Daugher : Mira (28th March 2006)
Daughter : Lara (31 July 2009)

Offline Sharondp

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 77
  • Toby & Leo
Re: Travelling to UK - car seat hire
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 07:59:36 am »
http://www.all4kidsuk.com/search_result/nokeyword/allareas/Baby_Equipment_Hire

This link will list some hire companies - I think there's one in Exmouth (just had a quick browse!)

Hope it all works out - and have a great triip!!