Author Topic: Eating is getting worse......  (Read 2850 times)

Offline J & J's Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Eating is getting worse......
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 11:57:00 am »
Thank you very much for your suggestions.  It's common sense really, but I just couldn't see it.

He's having a very good day today....and me!!  It makes all the difference, plus, we're applying to move to Australia, and we've been accepted on the first stage...................so excited!!!  Going to have to go out in this horrible rain to buy a bottle of bubbly for when the little one goes to bed tonight!!!

Thanks again
Emigrated from the UK to Australia 1st July 2009!!

My blogspot - fatracslim.blogspot.com

Offline mum101

• Char
  • Showing Appreciation 138
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 11:06:39 am »
I'm in Australia - it's a great place!
Whereabouts are you looking to move to?

What do you have to go through to apply to move here?
mumma to 2 former BW babies, DD 11, DS 8

Offline J & J's Mum

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2007, 17:25:38 pm »
Hiya!!

We're looking at either Brisbane or North of Sydney.  We went there in March for almost 4 weeks and travelled around in a 6 birth camper van.  I totally loved it.  DS was as good as gold as well!! 

Well, my Husband has been doing air conditioning for years and now has his own successful company, but has no qualifications, so we've had to apply to the TRA for a skills assessment.  We're so pleased it's been accepted because it's a really difficult process.  My husband's brother applied before us and has been unsuccessful so is having to apply again.  The next process is to apply for the Visa application, then medical checks and police checks and that's it!!!!  It's a bit of a nightmare actually!!!!  But it'll be worth it!!!

Where are you?
Emigrated from the UK to Australia 1st July 2009!!

My blogspot - fatracslim.blogspot.com

Offline mum101

• Char
  • Showing Appreciation 138
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 07:48:01 am »
I'm down in Melbourne, it seems a bit dearer to live down here. but it is pretty nice, but I think Brisbane is great to live in. The winter aren't that cold, summers not too bad.  It's a city, but not too big. I lived in Brisbane and the Gold Coast and Cairns. Cairns is only for those who love heat and humidity and if you don't suffer from frizzy hair!

I didn't realise they did medical and police checks!

mumma to 2 former BW babies, DD 11, DS 8

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 12:23:49 pm »
You sounds really tense about this but actually if you just think about what he's had this morning: some breakfast, some bread, strawberry pieces, sausage roll, bread and butter - that's not nothing and it's not junk. And you know that part of the factor here is tiredness and catching the routine right.

Mashed potato is a great staple. Having some veggies and meat with mashed potato - even just a few spoonfuls is worthwhile. A few spoonfuls is actually not inappropriate at this age.

I'm not saying you don't have a problem but I think things are better than you realise. I've always been told how toddlers go through this scary phase where they slow right down in their growth and end up eating surprisingly little. I know on these boards there are some great eaters who have these amazing home cooked meals but that's not everyone. I'm guessing you've found the picky eaters support thread?

I've been told you should judge a toddler's diet based on a week for balance and nutrients and try not to judge every single day. There will be good days and bad days.
As for his afternoon grazing - I don't think that's a bad thing. It's just about what's around. Maybe you could use his mashed potato more creatively e.g. make little cheesy potato patties he can nibble on. Or have a dip based on mashed potato.

You are not a terrible mother and I think you should try and relax a little bit if you possibly can. Because if he picks up on your tension it could make things worse (I know - easier to say ::)). Spend a few days and write down exactly what he eats - it might be more than you realise.

I've just basically said the same as Emma has here on your other thread Rachel.. try to relax, et some of the mummy guilt go.. as far as I can see you are doing fine - honestly!!  Two mommies of thriving boys like Emma's Samuel and my Woo can't be too far wrong eh xxx

Take care xxx