Author Topic: Looking for lunch/dinner ideas for 18mo  (Read 2593 times)

Offline waffler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Mummy get Nemo off me!
Re: Looking for lunch/dinner ideas for 18mo
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 05:51:35 am »
How funny.... my DD hates anything wet! We should put them together and between them they'll hoover up all the food!
Dad/Husband : Matt
Mum/Wife : (Ali)
Daugher : Mira (28th March 2006)
Daughter : Lara (31 July 2009)

Offline Sunshine's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 17:07:00 pm »
That's too funny... ;D
Anna

Offline IndiaJenn

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 09:33:18 am »
Does she like pancakes?

I ask because when our ds was 10 months old, he spontaneously decided that he would only eat finger food. I had a tonne of purees in the freezer and started adding them to dosa mix (you can find it in the international food section or Indian grocery stores, or by grinding up two parts rice with one part peeled black dal (you buy it that way) and mixing it with water to make pancake batter. It's savory but pretty bland - we added bits of chicken, veggies, etc and he loved them. You can make it wetter by adding some yogurt or gravy.

Good luck :)

Offline Sunshine's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 23:33:06 pm »
We have never tried pancakes.  Great idea.  And I could probably saturate them in something  :P as DD won't touch dry food. I'll try them when we get back from our vacation (We're leaving for 2 weeks, I won't be doing any experimenting until we come back).

Brandon's mom - Found the Gerber toddles food.  DD loved pasta but would not touch the veggies (peas).  We'll try a different flavour next time.  Maybe other veggies will work.

I found flavoured fresh tofu in our grocery store.  This thing is amazing.  I got some peach and banana flavoured and made smoothies (DD liked that) and I also got one with some Asian spices and it was OK, she had a few bites along with some stir fried veggies and rice.

Also, I found Heinz "princess pasta" in tomato sauce.  So far DD liked it as well. ;D

This is great.  My meal menu is growing.  And I'm sure DD is also happy to be getting new things to eat as oppose to same old, same old... Thank you ladies and keep it coming :-*
Anna