Author Topic: Weaning to rice milk  (Read 3126 times)

Offline skatty

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
Re: Weaning to rice milk
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 05:55:15 am »
Hi, thanks for that info, that does sound low in calories  :)

Yes, she has never eaten anything directly with milk it's always when I have eaten something with an unlikely milk ingredient and always when we eat at someone elses house and I feel I can't continually ask if everything has milk! My DH's parents are the worst and he had serious words the last time we were there and his Mum had to fish through the dustbin for wrappers!! So annoying as it is their grandchild who ends up suffering, my mum is meticulous at checking every label!!
Katt

Offline lovedtodeath

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 04:31:19 am »
Maybe you could add some full fat coconut milk to make up for the fat portion. Also, there is oat milk and there are milks you can make from various roots (like white sweet potato flour milk).

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Weaning to rice milk
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 03:16:31 am »
This may be late, but I was jsut looking through some post.

My now 2 year old was on Rice milk from 12mos. to 18 mos.  We saw a dietician at the Feeding Clinic and she recommended the following:

Enriched Rice Milk - Vanilla flavor has a few more calories
Cocunut Milk for the fat (read the label, I think like 2 tablespoons is like 8 grams of fat)
1 tablespoon or MLO Rice Protein
and I also added Strawberry Nesquick for the flavor.

He loved it and he got his fat, protein and calcium.

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!