Author Topic: A time for 26 month year old?  (Read 1062 times)

Offline tracynben

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: December 15, 2008, 08:39:42 am »
hi everyone, i was wondering what the average A time from waking is for a toddler of 26 months?
Esp if you feel they not quite gettin enough sleep at night?
Since moving to a bed hes been gettin less sleep than i feel he needs, i would on average he has about 10.5 hrs at night, and 1.5 at naptime. Whereas before it was prob abuot 1 - 1.5 hour more.

Today he woke about 6.30am, but by 10.30am was showing signs of tiredness,so i put him to bed for a nap at 11.15am.
He slept from about 11.25-12.55.
By 4.30pm hes starting to get ratty and stuff, and by 5.15pm hes looking tired and showing signs, this happens more or less every day, minus half an hour here or there. I usually put him to bed at 6-6.30pm, but hes takin over an hour, sometimes hour half to go to sleep, where im guessin he falls asleep exhausted.
I put him down at 5.30pm today, does 4.5 hours A time after nap sound too less, i just dont know.

tracy xxxxxxx

Offline skatty

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
Re: A time for 26 month year old?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 13:51:51 pm »
My DD is the same age and she always has an afternoon A time of 4½ hours, did your DS settle sooner? I have just replied to your post in toddler sleep! It does sound like he is OT by the time he is going to bed.
Katt

Offline Missy Lou

• Showing Appreciation 138
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 17:26:17 pm »
my DD's routine when she was about 2 was about 13 at night and 2 hour nap.  she was in DC at that time, so naptime was 12-2.  she would wake about 7 i believe and bedtime was about 6.

what time did DS wake after a 5:30 bedtime?

Offline tracynben

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 23:32:15 pm »
no the earlier bedtime didnt make any difference, it actually took him longer to go to sleep than normal, i think he actually fell alseep about 7.15-7.30, normally takes about an hour.
  I dont know what to try with him anymore, i thought putting him to bed earlier (when he appeared tired), would make a difference.
He gets his story book ready for bedtime after his bottle, and gets into bed, gets his teddy and dummy and i read him a story, so he knows his rountine and its time for bed, but when i have gone out he gets out of bed.
Sometimes he plays with toys and sometimes he just lies on the floor

tracy xxxx

Offline Missy Lou

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 01:16:21 am »
that stinks.  what time did he get up this morning? 

it shouldn't take an hour of winddown for him to fall asleep.  he's in a BBB?  how long?

Offline tracynben

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 02:35:12 am »
today he also woke a little earlier than normal as well arghhh, 6-6.15am i think.
I just dunno what is causing it, im guessing its probably overtiredness, and its rolling on from every day of the last 5 weeks, if you understand what i mean.

Well i thought today i would try an even earlier nap, so he watched the tv before nap, to wind down, no toys or anything. I put him in his bed at 10.25am, checked on him 20 mins later, was actually still in his bed and fast asleep.
Obviosly he must be tired this early on then, or he wouldnt fall alseep would he?
So this says to me hes not quite getting enough sleep at night, otherwise he wouldnt be tired so early.
Before when we been in the car also at about that time, he too falls alseep, so maybe i should try earlier naps, but then i mite have to do a really early bedtime to stop him getting overtired.
I swear this is the problem, cos after i put him to bed hes hyper (i read this is a sign of overtiredness). So he wont fall to sleep then till exhaustion kcks in.
I know if i put him down at the right time he ussually falls asleep within 15 mins, always use to do that in his cot, never had any problems whatso ever. hes been in the BBB about 9 weeks now, took a week to settle in it, then he was fine for 3 weeks, then problems ever since.

tracy xxxx

Offline Missy Lou

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 03:31:45 am »
we had problems with BGB after a few weeks also.  can't really help there because we're still having issues.

i agree about the OT though.  my DD has a FIT when it's nap or bed time and she's OT. 

did he take another nap this afternoon?  what was his bedtime?  does any type of AP work to fix the OT problem and then try to re-do sleep training?

i can't remember - did you post this is toddler sleeping?  i don't want to contradict what a mod is telling you.

Offline tracynben

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 05:52:57 am »
naptime went great, he slept from about 10.30am-12.40pm, so thats good. Im just wondering what time to aim for bed, maybe 5.30, no later than 6pm i think.
He woke up in such a great mood, so i know its just the OT and less sleep thats causing the problems and nothing else.
He only has one nap a day, has since 18 months old, hes 26 months now.
yeah i have posted on toddler sleep too, any advice is useful though.
bedtime can be anywhere from 5.30-7.30 depending on what hapens in the day, but no matter what time he goes to bed he takes at least an hour to fall asleep, he has only gone straight to sleep when exhausted, so im guessing im missing the window and hes becoming OT, so i just gotta get it right, and then gradually move his naptime and bedtime up back to normal, 12pm for nap, and 6.30-7 bedtime.

tracy xxxxxx

Offline tracynben

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 09:51:42 am »
well at the moment (i know its only first day of tryin something new), but its a total nightmare, and even worse than normal. Im completely loosing it, i cant deal with it anymore, its stressin me out so much, prob cos im preg too.

He was showing signs of tiredness as early as 4.15pm, but he hadnt even had dinner, bath or anything. I give him dinner at 4.30pm and put on telly for him, he kinda jusst stared at it, and looked sleepy, i knew if i didnt get him to bed soon it would turn into OT. I quickly bathed him, milk and story, quick massage of feet, and left his room at 5.05pm.

He is even worse than ever, i have tried taking away his fav teddies he sleeps with, put him back in bed, nothing working.
hes totally trashed his room and thinks its one big game, so i just lost it and slammed his door (i know this is stupid and gettin mad wont solve anything, im just at my wits end).

Its been nearly 2 hours now, and no sign of him calming down. Im so emitionally and physically tired with it all now (and bein 36 weeks preg).
Dp doesnt understand, when i do try and explain he says i just read too many books and look on the interent too much, so he dont offer any support on it.

I didnt even want him in a bed yet, i was happy to keep him in his cot, why fix something that aint broken???
Dp wanted him in the bed so we can use cot for baby, why cant he just have bought another new cot. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

tracy xxxxx

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 16:38:46 pm »
{{{hugs}}}  I can see that you are posting in toddler sleep as well.  I am going to lock this thread (since you are posting the same things in both) and link it to the other at: http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=139122.msg1526862#msg1526862

This way the advice will remain consistent.  Ladies, if you were helping out here, please follow the link.

:-*

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months