Author Topic: not wanting morning bottle  (Read 1645 times)

Offline lauraj79

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: May 26, 2006, 12:41:14 pm »
Hiya
charlie is nearly 20 weeks and on a 3-4 hourly EASY (mostly 4 hourly lately)
his usual routine is;

6.30 am-awake
E- 8am ( 3 oz milk, 1 cube fruit puree)
S- 9 am (1 hour)
E 11.30 am - 7-8 oz, 1-2 cubes fruit or veg puree
S- 12-2.15pm (2 hrs 15)
E- 3ish 7-8 oz
S- 4.45-5.15 (3o mins)
E-  7pm; 8 oz milk
7.30- Bed
10.30-11 pm, 8 oz

You will notice he only takes 3 oz at 8am!!!! i find this suprising as his last feed is 11pm at the latest. i always offer milk first before solids (only started offering them at breakfast today) and he took it readily. it wouldnt matter too much but i am having a prob with 4 am wakings :(
been trying wake to sleep last 2 days so its early days. but this morning he woke at 3.30 am, despite w2sleep at 2.30am, and just wouldnt settle tried dummy, juice etc... but he was crying his hungry cry (kind of panty which starts off as wah wah, then goes onto full on crying, so i relented and offered him milk, he took 1 oz at most and wouldnt take any more, i put im back to bed and he slept till 6.30 am, HELP!!!! yesterday morning was better, he woke at 4 am so i went into reassure him afew times, he moaned a bit but fell back to sleep till 6 am, so i was gutted that this morning he wouldnt settle, but thats prob for the sleep board, im gibbering. i actually came on here to ask about his morning bottle, could this be why he is waking at 4 am?????? my dd used to demand a full bottle as soon as she woke, eg 6/7 am so its all starange to me.
thanks, laura and angel/touchy baby charlie

Offline macsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
Re: not wanting morning bottle
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 12:46:03 pm »
hi,
am am having the same problem with my 18 week old son, he is having 8oz at 11pm and then waking at 3.30am i have been giving him a feed usually about 4oz but now he wont have a bottle till 10am, so i suppose i should stop feeding him in the night(makes sense) i think as he is having a seven hour stretch without milk but at the wrong time of day :o

have u tried cutting back on the 11pm feed maybe that will help ???
it may be worth a try?
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

Offline Lªuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 13:02:14 pm »
have you also tried making the DF closer to 10pm
Lauren x

Offline macsmum

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 13:43:17 pm »
hi calums mum,
he wakes on his own at present at about 11pm so that is what i thought, if i df him at about 10pm this should also help, maybe?

tonight will be the toughy cos he will have to go all night without milk, just water.

Offline Lªuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 13:58:48 pm »
good luck and let us know how it goes, remember you may not see instant results over night  :-\
Lauren x

Offline macsmum

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 14:04:39 pm »
no i definitely wont as nothing is ever simple in this house, lol ;D

what gets me is he is very very content with his new routine, shame about mum and dad though ???

thanks for your advice
will be in touch with an update soon.

Offline macsmum

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 07:35:04 am »
hello me again,

well last night was a bit of a struggle, he usually goes down no problem about 7.10pm but not last night i fed him at 6pm as normal then i had to feed him again at 9pm to get him to settle ( only fed him cos he has been loosing his 7am bottle) so anyway i decided no to df at 10pm as planned for obvious reasons i set my alarm for 2.30 to try w2s but he woke at 1.30 so i offered water which he took 2oz, then he woke again at 4am and it took me nearly 2 hours to get him back off to sleep but i didn't give in there was no milk in the offering only water!
anyway this am he took his bottle but not till 7.45 but hey that will do for me. :o

so tonight i will try the 10pm df and w2s if he goes down at his usual bedtime cos then i can rough guess what time to do w2s

Offline lauraj79

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 08:01:58 am »
Thanx for your posts, glad im not alone ::)
will try df at 10pm tonight. had bad sleep probs last night, but thats another board! he did take 4 oz at 8am today, would of finished bottle but was distracted by dd having a temper cos i couldnt pick her up, grrrrr!
hope you get some results tonight, u are lucky your lo settled with water, charlie never will.
laura

Offline macsmum

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 08:06:37 am »
took a long time for him to settle at4 with water and i was very very tempted to just give milk believe me, i am waiting now for him to go to sleep so thet i can too lol.
he wont take a dummy either which is a pain.
thinking of you tonight whilst were both walking around like zombies, good luck :D

Offline macsmum

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 15:48:30 pm »
=I DONT BELIEVE THIS HE WONT TAKE HIS 3.30 BOTTLE NOW AND ITS 4.30 ALREADY, HELP WHAT IS GOING ON.

DESPERATE ??? FOR ANSWERS

Offline lauraj79

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 20:23:16 pm »
Is he teething? charlie is and if his gums are sore he plays with bottle and bonjela doesnt work, so i take top off and he drinks straight from mouth of bottle, give it a go. charlie has always been a pain with his milk. also, i recently changed to fast flow teat and he drinks much better with that (except morning bottle, lol!)
i am soooo tired today, and hes not well, had high temp today of 38.9 .c but stripped him and gave calpol and he cooled down again. been very grizzly and cross too, just found out my friends son who we saw last week has chicken pox so im guessing this is the start of it. maybe explains the bad night last night?
hate it when theyre unwell, especially high temps.
laura

Offline macsmum

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 20:31:17 pm »

HI AGAIN
I THINK MAC IS TEETHING DUE TO LOTS OF DRIBBLE AND RED CHEEKS BUT HE HAS BEEN LIKE AN ANGEL FOR A FEW DAYS (APART FROM LAST NIGHT WHICH I THINK WAS THE REFLUX REARING ITS UGLY HEAD AGAIN), I DID MANAGE TO GET 5OZ DOWN HIM AT ABOUT 4.30 BUT THAT WAS A STRUGGLE.

I THINK HE IS GETTING READY FOR SOLIDS BUT DON'T WANT TO START WHILST HE ISN'T TAKING FEED PROPERLY.
I AM SAT HERE WAITING TO DO MY FIRST DF LETS HOPE I DON'T WAKE HIM ;D

EMMA