Author Topic: 2 month old refusing evening feeds!  (Read 3481 times)

Offline Fiver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
Re: 2 month old refusing evening feeds!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 18:38:23 pm »
On top of any reflux, could he be uncomfortable somehow in the position in which he's nursing, especially if he's ok taking the bottle?  What if you tried a different position?
*** Amanda ***

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: 2 month old refusing evening feeds!
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 03:19:40 am »
My first developed symptoms almost overnight at 6 weeks. It's quite common as they 'wake up' YK. Myse one I saw issues from 3 weeks but he also has intolerances and we had bf issues. So yeah...6-8 weeks is common. :(

How is his latch?
Do you possibly have an OALD? Se times this can 'peeve' them off as they get an overload of milk! Try expressing a little when your LD comes then pop him back on when it slows.
Any TT?

Hugs, it's so tough when things just go wrong. :( it is not your fault but I get the anxiousness. Btdt :( hang in the, hopefully the Zantac will help a little soon x
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline amom526

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 10:12:23 am »
Have you thought about just nursing for a few days without bottles? This definitely sounds like a but of a nursing strike in combination with other factors. But if he is struggling with nursing, the more bottles he gets, the more likely he is to refuse nursing because a bottle is less work.

I know how frustrating it is when baby just refuses to eat. We have dealt with nursing strikes on and off with my 7 month old since around 3 months. Accept that he won't take a bottle, so I have no choice! Also, the only way to get your supply up is to nurse, nurse, nurse.

2-3 NW is totally normal at this age, and it is normal for sleep to get worse after the sleepy newborn stage. Don't doubt yourself, you are doing great! Babies are just giant mysteries! it sounds like for whatever reason, he is more relaxed at night and able to eat, which often is the case during a nursing strike.

I know it's rare for a 2 month old, but did dr check his ears?