Author Topic: What did your toddler eat today? Part Two!  (Read 69845 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: What did your toddler eat today? Part Two!
« Reply #210 on: March 19, 2008, 22:30:55 pm »
To be honest I don't know why it's called pepper salad - DH got it from his aunt and I guess she just called it that too! The breadcrumbs really help make it...

DD had a small nutrigrain pancake and a bit of milk for breakfast and maybe 1/3 of a homemade granola bar a little later. Lunch she had most of a half grilled cheese made on natural honey flax bread and with a bit of homemade guacamole on there as well as a no sugar added applesauce and some more milk. Snack she had very diluted apple juice and a little bit of veggie booty. But she skipped her nap and is exhausted now and I think her teeth hurt as she said just now her mouth hurts and she keeps chewing on her straw cup by her molars. She refused the skillet hamburger, green beans and pasta I made and only had a bit of her milk. Oh well...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline RyansMum

• Showing Appreciation 138
  • Minecraft mad!
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2008, 09:10:30 am »
I mainly use croutons in soup then they get nice and soft  ;D Plus it makes soup more interesting for the little guy.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2008, 10:17:43 am »
I don't use croutons (diet reasons) but DH likes them. But what I meant for the salad was seasoned breadcrumbs, not croutons. I either buy the 4C ones or make my own - again though, for his salad, not mine!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #213 on: March 20, 2008, 15:05:13 pm »
Yup! Personally though I think store bought bread crumbs are pretty nasty, especially the seasoned ones which always taste stale to me. I use them in a pinch but prefer to make my own by putting whole grain white bread into the food processor to make fine crumbs and then mixing with some garlic powder, onion powder, parsley and a little oregano, then putting in a baking dish (lightly greased) and toasting them for like 5 minutes.

On topic - DD ate pretty well this morning considering the nasty virus she has. Most of her milk and about half of a whole grain english muffin and then a bit of my fresh OJ. We'll see if she wants lunch - probably will offer a small portion of cheese pockets (the Amy's snacks with cheese and spinach) and a Dannon all-natural yogurt.

Offline SallyDom

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2008, 20:13:26 pm »
Hmmm Aisling your croutons sound lovely.
I agree shop bought stuff just isn't the same tho I don't seem to make enough stuff nowadays, as I said before I'm totally stuck in a rut.
I'm going to a couple of party's this weekend and made some buns and biscuits for them today. I haven't baked forever and it was so lovely. Must do more. Must do more!

x
Dominic Luke 29/03/06
Isaac (Zac) James 14/11/07

Offline Grace's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2008, 23:48:39 pm »
Today:

Breakfast: dry cereal and grapes....ate like a handful total...much too distracted by Elmo  :P  Bad mommy

Lunch: Ravioli, green beans, breadstick, banana (at the sitters)

Snack: blueberry bagel, cheese (at the sitters)

Dinner: whole wheat pasta, chicken nuggets, carrots (still to come, but it's on the menu  ;))
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/

Offline SallyDom

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #216 on: March 22, 2008, 11:53:16 am »
We went to a family lunch yesterday and Dom ate so well:
(breakfast: Shreddies)
Lunch: Starter -  tomato soup,
          main course - fish pie, more mash potato, green beans, peas, brocolli,
          dessert - 2 yogurts

Then we went to a birthday party and OMG he had an obscene amount of sausage rolls and buns...he could reach the food table and I hadn't realised he wa walking along and helping himself all the time. We didn't get home until 6pm and he hadn't napped all day (Dom very much still needs a sleep) so it was straight upstairs for bath and bed with a big drink of milk.

I'm going to try the tortilla crisps Aisling, Dom loves dipping things. Yes please for the healthy pesto recipe.

Sal
x
Dominic Luke 29/03/06
Isaac (Zac) James 14/11/07

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
« Reply #217 on: March 22, 2008, 19:27:40 pm »
Breakfast: refused Pooh Bear toast (honey on toast ;)), but drank 2 different types of smoothie ::)
Lunch: Quorn burger on a bap, with layers of sauted spinach, cheese and tomato ketchup
Dinner: just come back from an Italian restaurant (pre-birthday treat ;)), ate loads of lasagne, then had a rather large chocolate cake, which the waitress, whom he had completely charmed, kept topping up with chocolate sauce :P

Had quite a large tummy tonight ;) :D
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline Grace's Mom

« Reply #218 on: March 22, 2008, 20:36:15 pm »
So far....

Breakfast 1/2  bagel and cream cheese and finished off daddy's cereal (refused fruit) w/milk

Snack 2 pieces of chocolate (she went on an easter egg hunt  ;)) and a fruit strip  w/ water

Lunch: ham and turkey w/ranch, cheddar cheese, bread w/milk

Just woke up from her nap....after only one hour  :P knew I should have kept her up longer so i offer her some applesauce before we leave as we are heading out to the mall for some Easter fun.

Grace April 2006

Offline RyansMum

• Minecraft mad!
« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2008, 20:40:44 pm »
Charlie had a big tummy? So did we today! Have the inlaws down for the weekend so good eating kinda gone out the window!

I made a super chocolate cake which you cover with flakes and put mini eggs in the middle of to look like a birds nest (Mum used to make it at Easter when I was a child and boy do I live on nostalgia!).

So lots of choc and it isn't either Easter Sunday yet!

Breakfast - DH made him Jamie Olivers crumpets with egg (2 with ketchup) all gone with a cup of smoothie
Lunch - Ham sandwich, olives, cheese string, juice. Ate most of it. Piece of Mummys cake, ate about half.
Dinner - out tonight, spag bol and with a huge piece of bread (ate all the bread and about 3rd of spag bol). A little of choc sundae.  I ate better than he did and my tummy is very big (diet I feel needs to be got back on after Easter  ::))

Offline RyansMum

• Minecraft mad!
« Reply #220 on: March 23, 2008, 09:36:14 am »
Stacy, it is very simple really.

Crack egg in bowl, whisk up, dip crumpet in hole side down, turn over, dip underside in and pop in frying pan with oil and fry for 2 minutes or so until brown. Can add cheese, chilli, whatever you like with it. DH thinks it would go well with bacon and a bit of maple syrup.  Ryan has so far just had it as an eggy crumpet with ketchup for dipping.

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2008, 15:55:57 pm »
Here's what Colin ate yesterday:

CHOCOLATE  ::)
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline shivi

• Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2008, 14:28:25 pm »
we have a big bad green cold at the moment....so eating what he likes within reason....mainly peanut butter on different varieties of bread, cracker, rice/corn cake or chewing cheerios thogh he did eat three strawberries and some dried cherries today...and drinking nothing but water....refusing milk which maybe isn;t a bad thing as his mucous is thick, thick, thick!

anyway, hope all is well with you lot after this break!

love Shiv

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!

Offline Grace's Mom

« Reply #223 on: April 01, 2008, 15:20:57 pm »
This week is going to be BAD...my mom's in town Wed. night and Grace turns 2!  Two separate b-day parties + grandma = way too much sugar.
And, as of late, she starts acting out more when she has sugar...JOY!  ;)

Yesterday
B-fast: Red River and Grapes
Lunch: 1/2 yogurt, turkey
Snack: cookie and spinach pretzel (we took Grandma to Barnes and Noble) :P :P Not so healthy
Dinner: 2 bites of spaghetti w/ meat sauce, 1/2 pear, 4 bites of peach
break
Dinner #2: Asiago cheese, freeze dried fruit

Crazy eating day
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 15:39:44 pm by Grace's Mom »

Grace April 2006

Offline RyansMum

• Minecraft mad!
« Reply #224 on: April 01, 2008, 15:25:36 pm »
Ryan been eating pretty well this past week.

So far today.

Breakfast - Crumpet with peanut butter, cup of milk
Snack - Biscuit and juice and local messy play group.
Lunch - Bread roll with marmite, olives, cheese string, some salami, cup of fruit smoothie (all gone except one piece of roll) - Dried pineapple and cranberries for afters.
Dinner - Will be Chicken Chasseur with potatoes and peas.  Probably more Easter egg for pudding as been a good boy today.

I tend not to worry too much about his naughty treats as he eats a good balance of everything else.