Author Topic: My son is 6 months old and it is almost imposible to get him sleep...  (Read 10547 times)

Offline tlharmonia

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: My son is 6 months old and it is almost imposible to get him sleep...
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2010, 10:15:00 am »
well wake to sleep didnt work by now, still wakes up at least not at 4:30 but 5:20-5:30 am, comes on my breast, and eats and sleeps another extra hrs. It might need him :) Id b much happier if he woke up at 6-6:30 am. Goes to bed between 7-7:30 pm.
For 3 days taking him bed for napping is again very difficult, 30-40 mins, starts with playing, ends in a huge screaming, heartbraking, I guess he had a jump of developing this weekend, and might b difficult for him to change. What do u think. Can stay awake 4 hrs. 4,5 hrs too but then gets OT
What do u think Charlotte? And one more thing, started to through out his pillow of the bed, then looks at me in a very cheky way, expecting me to give it back to him so then I get closer to him, and these kind of things. WhATs your opinion about it, give it back or leave it on the floor and why?

XXX

Offline Coral

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2010, 12:27:30 pm »
Hi

I removed the pillow from Lola's bed for the night as she always played with it instead of sleeping.
I leave it there for naps b/c she falls asleep very quickly thus  doesn't have time to play with it.

Offline tlharmonia

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2010, 09:34:20 am »
yeah, but  on the other hand he needs it as he puts his head in it many times before sleeping, cuddling it, sucks it, helps him to fall asleep. So?

On the other hand we seem to b at the beginning again, just where we started it.40 mins. painful, hysterical cry with no tears, wants to hold my hand till falling asleep, Im again next to the crib. Started it on Sunday. Started to go out of the room, he did it well, could fall asleep by himself, took a bit longer of course as it was different as I was not in the room, but he did it. Then from day to day he changed.
Why can it b? Weather change, teething (he is not crying or anything during the day), jump of developing? What can it be? We'd done it so well. Helpless at the moment.Sleeps 3 hrs during the day, goes to bed at 77:30, still wakes up at 5ish, BF till 6:30 am, I guess he is still tired when he starts the day, but doesnt want to wake up later.

Offline A pair of Charlies

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 192
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2010, 21:02:37 pm »
Hi

Just checking in to see how things are now?

Offline tlharmonia

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2010, 09:19:47 am »
hi ya,
well, Im affraid, nowhere :(
needs me for being able to fall asleep, sometime for a very long time just next to the crib, very sensitive for weather changes, therefore very tired, sticky, crying baby in the morning, EW (6is which can be 5:15 to 6:15) so he is OT. Goes to bed till 8 pm, but if earlier then wakes up earlier too so more OT. Better 8ish bedtime. He can stay awaik a lot longer by now, between 3 and 4 hrs. after he gets OT so ttry to put him bed earlier.
He got used to buggy, so it is easier to go for a walk with him by now. As had to use the carrying scarf, but push chair works by now, likes looking around and sleep in it too. 2is we go for a 1,5-2,5 hrs walk almmost every day, depends on weather. So that's how we r now...

xx

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2010, 22:39:43 pm »
Okay, that doesn't sound like much fun for you at all.

If you want to work on a GW plan, let me know. PUPD is also an option at this age.

I let our sleep situation go on until DS was 10months. Once we cracked it, I've been kicking myself since for not tackling it sooner. Here if you want some help  :)

Charlotte

Offline tlharmonia

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2010, 14:35:26 pm »
hi ya, of ourse I do want to help him asap :)
PUPD doesnt work with him, he is not that kind of little bloke, tried and seemd to be working but then my partner, my mum, depends on who was with DS did something else even I told them how to do, so I think that made him confused. Afterwoods I tried for more 2 weeks but he just cried and cried for hours. Wont do it with him.
Very sensitive for weather changes and wind and nowadays from day to da 10 degrees differenc, next day again, so it is very hard. Was also ill (first time in his life)
He can stay awake 3,5-5 hrs, depends on his day, what happens around him, other children, play ground, going somewhere by bus instead of car (it is so exciting for him,)we r at friends, etc.
Thats all what I can tell u now. Wakes up between 5:45-6 am, goes to bed at 8 pm, normally at 10ish 1,5 hrs nap, then at 3ish another 1,5 hrs nap. Of course thwre are days when it is a bit different, eg today when we went to the hair dresser first time with him.
Woke up at 10 past 6 am. we slept cuddleing each other from 8:30 to 9:15 am so didnt sleep till 2:30 pm. Its 4:30 and he is still asleep.

xxx

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2010, 22:07:54 pm »
Here's a link to what we did at 10months (somewhere on page 1): http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=146933.0

What do you think?

Offline tlharmonia

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2010, 14:11:38 pm »
yeah, thanx.

well Im shure by now when it is extra difficult to put him to bed during the day it is because of teething, huge weather changes or wind, illness or OT. Now he is a lot better again, generally quickly falls asleep both at home and in the pushchair. Im in the room till he falls asleep but as it doesnt take so long I dont mind, he needs me to fall asleep. Tried to leave him, but it is not good for him. In the evening BF, so he calms down but not falls asleep and then put him to crib and he falls asleep by himself (Im not in the room, door closed)

Ups, he woke up, have to go,

xxx

Sounds like success to me! Well done you!  :-*  :)

Offline tlharmonia

• Showing Appreciation 0
yeah, kind of :)
and another thing, this is the 4th day of 1 daily sleep, wakes up at 5:30is, goest to sleep 11ish for 1,5 hrs (hope it'll b a bit longer), then till evening no more nap, as if I let him sleep, couldnt get him into bed in the evening before 10-11 pm, which wouldnt b normal. The only problem is still the EW, he gets BF, falls back asleep but in our bed but when I wanna take out my breast from his mouth, he wakes up and would cry for it. Any idea? well he has 3 BF a day, 4 solids (4 times 2,5 dl)- veggies, cheese, ottage cheese, stews, bread, etc, so many different things exept meet, ant give hime more food, his stomack would die. So I dont think it is because he is starving in the morning. I dont think either that he wakes up as he was OT or sg like that, his total night sleep is between 9,5-10 hrs. Even he goes to bed a bit later, wakes up at the same time. I guess if he woke up at 7, wouldnt need to fall back asleep on my breast, but really no idea how to do it. Its been going on like this for 5 months I guess.  The other BFs dont take longfer then 5-10 mins. Thisone 1-2 hrs, of course he sleeps at the same time.
Any idea?
xxx

10months is pretty early to be on 1 nap generally. And when they do go to 1 nap, they generally sleep a good 2.5h + and a long night's sleep (11h). That's just from my experience and what I've seen on the boards though. So I'm wondering what might be going on that's causing the sleep refusal during the day....

Have you tried a short nap in the morning, say 30mins (after a 3 - 4h Atime) then a proper nap early afternoon (2 / 2.30 ish?). Apologies if you've already tried this.

What do you think?

Charlotte

Offline tlharmonia

• Showing Appreciation 0
well, I havent tried it yet.
So generally wakes up between 5 and half5, but falls back to sleep on my breast. He gets tired at 10-11ish, and doest take any longer then 5 mins for him to fall asleep.
He can stay awaik 5 hrs, but if I do the afternoon sleep, wakes up at 5.30-6ish, so it is imposible to take him to bed before 9-10.

Lets , if I tty to put him to bed at 8.30-9 am, Im sure he wouldnt wake up after 30 mins. I guess if I woke him up after 30 mins, would be very crying and sticky till the next nap.
Or what do u mean?

Yeh, that's kind of what I mean. So the first nap is really short - I always had to wake Charles. And yes, wasn't too happy but then their day picks up as they get a feed etc. And yes, they are still tired, so they are ready for a nap again after a few hours - and that's the long nap! Once they get up from the long (1h30 ish) afternoon nap, should give them enough A time to get tired out before bed BUT not so long that they get OT.

Trick with the short am nap is to get them down when tired but before really tired - that way the short nap tides rejuvinates them for a few hours rather than giving them a long restorative nap, as that gives them the rest they need to keep going for a full A time.

Does that make sense?