Author Topic: Question about A time during 2-1 transition  (Read 7944 times)

Offline linny75

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Question about A time during 2-1 transition
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2015, 08:48:32 am »
She woke at 8.20. I'm thinking nap at 12 or is this too early? She does still seen tired

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2015, 09:39:22 am »
I think that will be too early hun. I might be tempted to push it so see if she can have a nice restorative nap. Maybe 1pm? Technically she's already had one nap already so if the next one is too early she might refuse another one later on leaving you with a long A to BT  x

Offline linny75

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2015, 09:45:54 am »
She is really grumpy, constantly yawning and rubbing her eyes and seems ready to nap now. Should I just push her to 12 or 1?

Offline linny75

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2015, 09:55:11 am »
And another question- why do you think it took so long for her to fall asleep last night having had a good 2.15/2.50 he nap til 1.37? (and was in cot at 6.45)? Is this OT?

Offline linny75

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2015, 09:56:06 am »
Sorry I meant 2.15/2.30 (2 and half hr) nap

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2015, 11:00:25 am »
Has she always preferred a longer A to BT? That might be the key here, figuring out which way she likes it. If that's the case, she may have been slightly UT, but that's still 5hrs A. I'm betting as she's been a little off colour that she may have been a little OT, but unfortunately we won't be able to figure that out until she's completely well again and settles into a more stable routine.

Up to you about the nap hun, personally I would push it as I said earlier, she might refuse a nap later on leaving you with a very long A to bed. Trust your mummy instincts, you know her best x

Offline linny75

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2015, 12:16:57 pm »
I don't even know what her A time is anymore. Before she started the 2-1 transition about month and half ago it was about 3.5/4 hrs. Since things have been so inconsistent and with illnesses it has thrown everything haywire. This is so hard!

Offline linny75

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2015, 12:46:02 pm »
I ended up putting her down for her nap at 10.30 as she was literally falling asleep in my arms. She woke at 11.20 coughing and wouldn't go back to sleep. I'm thinking about doing a super early bedtime of 4.30 rather than a catnap as recently even with a 15min catnap she is taking too long to fall asleep when I put her disk for 6.45.
Is 4.30 way too early?? The earliest I have put her to bed is 5 and she slept right through to 6.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2015, 17:15:29 pm »
Sorry a little late.. What did you do? I've never done that early of a BT  I think 5.30pm was our earliest x

Offline linny75

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2015, 18:03:59 pm »
She had a 50min nap from about 2.45- 3.35. She was in her cot at 5.45, and fell asleep within 5 mins. What a tired girlie! If I did wake to sleep to try get her past her 5.43 waking, could it work?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2015, 18:15:31 pm »
Don't think so hun as that'll be a 12 hr night. If she does get to that though, it might be worth seeing if you can push the A time slightly tomorrow. Fx for a good night for you x

Offline linny75

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2015, 18:18:28 pm »
Ok thank you! If she gets up anytime between 5.30-6, should I push A to 11.30 or 12?
Thanks so much for all your advice so far, it's great to have a helping hand
X

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2015, 19:09:21 pm »
That's ok hun, that's what we're here for. I would push to 12 especially after a 12-hr night, but let's see how she does ok? We may find she won't want to go past 11.30, I have a feeling she may like a shorter first A and longer last A...but time will tell x

Offline linny75

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2015, 19:27:32 pm »
Just a question- if I am aiming for a 7-7 day with a 'long delicious 2 hr nap' at midday (as Tracey puts it), how can this be a achieved if she is doing 5+ hrs A?
Is it that when things stabilise and getting up closer to 7, she would go down to 5 A time each way?
X

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2015, 20:22:11 pm »
Oh I love how Tracy put it! It took me quite a while to find the right balance for my DD. I tried 5hrs each way but ended up with an UT nap and OT before BT. I think I played around with it for around a month until I found the right times for us. In the end we did 6hrs first A then 4.5hrs with a 2hr nap.

Tracy said that it's hard to get to one nap until they get up at 7. Tbh this never worked for us or many other people as their days run earlier or later dependant on lifestyle. I got so fed up with the EW that I just pushed to set nap and BT and it really helped stabilise things out for us eventually. Especially once I learned that 5hrs A before BT was too much for mine, the A first thing for us didn't really matter as long as it was over 5.75hrs. She was very good at coping with OT first thing, just not last thing at night. I think it just takes a lot of trial and error to see which way round it suits your LO. Many bubbas don't fit into the 5hrs either side I'm afraid. Actually I don't think I've seen one yet!

Do you want to have a read through the set nap/BT link? It'll be totally up to you, but it really took the guess work out of it for me. Set naps for toddlers: Why, How and When