Author Topic: What did your PICKY toddler eat today?  (Read 17145 times)

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: What did your PICKY toddler eat today?
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2006, 21:13:45 pm »
Charlotte so far has done:
yogurt/weetabix with some Just peas mixed in.  Wish I had thought of that sooner!!
2 bites of her soy butter toast, half of her raspberry applesauce.
Several animal crackers.
Veggie Booty.  Thanks Karen!!!!!!!  But it's GREEN!!!!  Yuck!
Supper I'm thinking chicken finger and mashed taters.  She's done great with her milk so far.   
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2006, 23:14:05 pm »
Hey nothing wrong with green food! Especially green healthy food!

Not much to eat today - think this cold is really bothering her - she's pretty tired too. I haven't had much of an appetite myself actually.

-Breakfast: 2 ounces milk from cup, oatmeal (made with one ounce milk) and fruit puree, 2 bites Ego waffle, few cheerios and freeze dried apple bites
-Morning snack/early lunch: 4.5 ounces milk, 2 bites (tiny ones) grilled cheese, handful of veggie booty, handful of freeze dried banana/pineapple bites. actually tried tiny bite of mac n cheese!
- Afternoon snack: 2.5 ounces milk, handful (probably 15-16 pieces) whole grain goldfish. Later on diluted apple juice
- Dinner: 2 tiny bites meatloaf, 4 tiny bites chicken cutlet, 2 tiny bites chicken nugget, 3/4 jar (or less) turkey/vegetable/barley. 2 bites buttered English muffin
- Bedtime: 2.5 ounces milk - which she would have been happy to do without.

How do they grow on so little? That's only 12.5 ounces milk and not much food for one day! But then again, I think we're both fighting this odd virus/bug - you don't feel horrible but I was really congested last week and she is congested this week and now my throat hurts and I feel off/on nauseous and not much appetite myself...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2006, 23:20:57 pm »
Hey everyone:  I took Zach to the doctor today to discuss the prevacid and him not eating.  Well... he has an ear infection and all 4 of his molars are coming in.  Sooooo  that explains a lot. 

My doctor still said that 15 mg of prevacid a day is plenty for him and that I should not be reading so much online. 

Today has been an awful eating day:

Wake: 8 oz. milk
Breakfast:  1/2 pear, refused everything else
Snack: Fruit Puffs
Lunch: 2 crackers
Milk: 4 oz.
Snack:  Puffs and gold fish
Dinner:  Apples and crackers.  Did not want anything else.

Yeah I know BAD.....  But I guess with his ears and teeth, he does not want to eat.

Now I am starting to feel sick...  :(
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline dkjokisch

• Showing Appreciation 43
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2006, 23:47:08 pm »
All day long...

2 bites oatmeal
6 saltine crackers
2 slices American cheese
6 bites apple
1 bite chicken
4 pieces broccoli
4 oz Jello
milk, don't keep track, but prob 12-14oz
water

Ah, the life of a toddler... here's to hoping tomorrow will be better!
Deborah
#3 EDD 07/18/09
B 04/14/07 (ds)
M 01/13/05 (dd)

Offline JennŠ

« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2006, 00:19:39 am »
Karen, it's just the concept of something that looks a bit like a Cheeto, but is green.  It's just weird!  But hey, if she will eat them, I'll buy them.  Better for her than Cheetos as well.   :D
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2006, 03:06:37 am »
Karen - Thanks for the welcome.  Yup, Nathan was a serious refluxer for the first year or so.  I still think he occassionally refluxes, but hasn't been on meds for a while.  I do know that many refluxers have sensory issues, and I think that plays a part in him not wanting to eat.  (Like he will suddenly smoosh his hands in noodles, and scream, and throw it.)  But for some reason, he has no sensory issues with cookies, ice cream, or pudding.   ::) 

I am getting good ideas in this thread for foods to try.  So thanks!   ;D

We decided to completely back off today, and let him eat nothing if he chose to, and we had a great day.  I also limited the amount of time that he was grazing on a snack.  Not sure what tomorrow will look like, but here is today.

Breakfast - Half a whole grain waffle, two ounces yogurt, three strawberries
Snack - Handful of cereal
Lunch - 1/3 cheese sandwich, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, few bites of peach
Snack - Few crackers
Dinner - Breadstick, few bites of pizza (I know, sooo unhealthy  :P)
Sheila
ng

Offline dkjokisch

• Showing Appreciation 43
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2006, 03:10:16 am »
What's wrong with pizza?  It's got sauce, cheese, bread?
Deborah
#3 EDD 07/18/09
B 04/14/07 (ds)
M 01/13/05 (dd)

Offline NKmommy

• AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2006, 03:13:33 am »
LOL.  Thanks Deborah.  I actually don't think twice about giving him things like pizza or chicken fingers, or even fries.  It's when I see other toddlers eating tofu and broccoli everyday, that I think I am a horrible mom.  :P
Sheila
ng

Offline kirsty_167

• My little munchkin!!
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2006, 04:49:21 am »
Hi........

I too dont worry too much about what Jakob is eating as in health wise as if he only had healthy foods his limited "yes" list would be be left with only weetbix, bananas and rice crackers ::) haha!!! Right now i am happy i can get him to eat something....hopefully as he gets older he will accept some more healthy foods but until then........well we go with the flow!

Todays accepted food
Bottle 240mls
Breakfast:  weetbix x1
snack: 2x rice crackers 1/2 banana
lunch: fruit twist bar,1/4 pear,few raisins,1 biscuit
snack :few mouthfuls of rice wafer and a few raisins and a stolen bit of banana muffin off my plate!!
Dinner: rice rissotto (3rd night running but loves it )
            mouthful of potato
            few bits of sausage.

pretty good day really for Jakob...looking at his food i guess it isnt too bad it has been far worse of late.

Kirsty

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2006, 15:12:20 pm »
Kirsty and Karen:  I know our lo's are the same age. 13 months.  Born in August.

Just wondering, how much does your lo's weigh?? 

Zach is 21 pounds, but looks very small to me.

Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2006, 16:05:57 pm »
At her one year visit (at 12.5 months old) she weighed 21'3. Wendy - the ear infection and molars could definitely be making him not want to eat. Are you giving him Motrin? Teething can also really make reflux worse...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2006, 17:48:22 pm »
I have not given him Motrin. I already feel like he is taking enough with the Prevacid and now the antibotic.  I guess one more thing want hurt though.

Yeah I have read that about teething making reflux worse.  He has already refluxed twice today and some of it came out and he swallowed the rest.  I gave him his medicine this morning right before his milk..  Did not seem to  help.

I have a call into the Children's Hospital here in Richmond, VA (where i live) to see what they can do.

I will keep  you all posted.  I go to the doctor myself today at 3:00 :(  I'm feeling like i have an ear infection now, just off!

Wendy
Wendy -

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2006, 18:05:00 pm »
Good idea with calling the children's hospital. Also if you post on the infant reflux site some people may have doctor recommendations for you. If he's still refluxing so badly at over a year they may want to do some testing and/or look into allergy issues. I'd definitely do the Motrin once a day for the teething/ear pain for now.

Offline JennŠ

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2006, 18:11:08 pm »
Backing up what Karen said.  For kicks, I stayed at daycare for breakfast to see what Charlie does.  Ate half a piece of toast, 3/4 a piece of cheese and her milk.  Fine for me.   :)  Tried the scrambled eggs,   :P  would not try the fruit cocktail.  And the teacher does not encourage at all.   >:(  She will still let me spoon feed some, I may smoosh some fruit and see if she will eat it.  She will happily eat nanners an applesauce, so at least she gets some.  And we have fruit juices that are fortified with calcium, so more fruit there. 

Offline kirsty_167

• My little munchkin!!
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2006, 20:11:09 pm »
Hi Wendy.............Jakob is about 24 pounds or there abouts.He was 22 pounds about 6 weeks ago so I am guessing he is about 24 pounds now.Ive no idea if that is big....or average but up until he got sick 2 months ago he was always at the top end of the scale.Now he has dropped in size from al his crawling and being sick so maybe he is average???

Take care
Kirsty