Author Topic: Church going Moms - twin specific - but any advise is great!  (Read 2003 times)

Offline cath~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
Re: Church going Moms - twin specific - but any advise is great!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 07:29:44 am »
Sounds like it worked well :)
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline AliR

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Church going Moms - twin specific - but any advise is great!
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 02:07:21 am »
Hey, just seen your post.  Well done you for getting there.  I was going to suggest too that taking their lunch with you and having it before you return home is a great way to give them enough energy to get home and then straight into bed, but it looks like you've already got that one covered! Our DD1 has got used to the fact that Sundays are a little out from normal routine and she often falls asleep on the walk home from church and then transfers and has her nap. 

I know it's not your question, but I would also highly recommend investing in particular friendships.  DD1's godmother lives very locally and last week when I'd had several awful nights in a row with DD2 and was having one of those teary emotional days, she took DD1 to church and gave me the space and time to go back to sleep!  Also useful when one of them is ill.  I guess DH also has this role but being a clergy spouse, I don't have that luxury!