Author Topic: Thumping!  (Read 966 times)

Offline kwaker5

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Thumping!
« on: August 27, 2007, 12:49:15 pm »
My lo is almost 10 months now but recently he's taken to thumping the foot of his cot when he tries to get to sleep.  He's not upset and is good at putting himself to sleep (it used to be quiet but not anymore!).

He also crawls in his sleep some nights.  Last night my husband went in to check on him when we came to bed and he was crawling with the top of his head against the foot of his cot.  My husband moved him to the centre of the cot but he never stirred.  I think he's doing this in his sleep.

Daytime routine is (or should be!) 2 naps in a 7-7 day: either short nap (~45min) at 10 and longer nap (1.5-2 hr) at 2ish or long nap (1.5-2h) at 10 and short nap (1h) at 3.

Are some babies just thumpers or is it a stage he'll pass through?

Offline ks6

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 57
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 13:15:57 pm »
At 2, my ds is still a crib thumper (or the wall, or anything else that's around).  ::)  He also sleeps crunched up in a corner of the bed--more cozy that way.  I wouldn't worry if your ds is getting enough sleep.  He's probably practicing some new skills, too.

Offline momofclaire

• Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
Re: Thumping!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 01:53:43 am »
I agree with pp.  If he's not waking himself then get some ear plugs so he doesn't wake you.  ;)
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline debo620

• Showing Appreciation 70
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 19:10:41 pm »
we had a lot of that crib thumping when my DS was younger. it did seem to be all night long, and I think he was actually sleeping. it seemed to resolve when he got really mobile with crawling and then walking. doesn't do it anymore.
Deborah,
Noah---January 30th, 2006
Cohen-May 22, 2008
Julia-August 14, 2013

Offline kwaker5

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 20:56:19 pm »
Thanks for that.  We've been away for a few days and he was so tired at bedtime, he fell asleep immediately.  When we got home tonight, he almost fell asleep during his story!  I also think he may be ready to go down to one nap, which might help him settle more quickly.