Author Topic: May have figured it out?  (Read 695 times)

Offline RACHPEM

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« on: October 17, 2007, 17:01:33 pm »
As you know I have been battling with my lo's naps for 9months now and although I dont want to jinx it for the last week we have been doing ok.  Since I have been getting her down for naps she has dropped her nt sleep to around 12hrs instead of 13-13.5, however it does seem to go against everything I have been hearing and wondered if it is ok?
I have been shortening her A time for 1st nap to around 2hrs 40-50 mins and she will sleep around 1hr to 1hr 20mins, then for the pm nap if she has only had 1hr I put her back down after 2hrs-2.15 or if she has slept nearer 1hr 30 A time 2.30-2.45 ( I know her second A time should be longer but this does not work for us, today for e.g she had an hour nap this morning and I got my timings all mixed up and put her down nearer to 3hrs and she only napped 30mins, she has not had a 30 min nap since last thursday) this normally brings us to around 2-2.30 and then she is normally ready for bed around 3.5 hrs later, I wish I could push forward a little for a nicer morning wake up but hey! it has took me this long to finally get the Y out of E.A.S.Y I will just have to grin and bear the 6am starts.
Be interested to know your thoughts!
Thanks Rachael xxx

Offline Aly Mac

• Showing Appreciation 162
  • Such joy!
Re: May have figured it out?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 22:18:34 pm »
HI Rachael,

Your lo sounds so much like mine!  She also does better when i tweak the A time a little shorter than the norm as I first tried.  All bubs are different and you just have to find the right balance and seems as though you have..  Sorry I don't know how old your lo is, obvsiously older than 9 months! - but don't be too concerned about the night time sleep being a little less.  The times are guidelines only and if she is waking up happy from nt sleep and nap then, I think that's ok. 

Once this routine is a little more established, you could try adding an extra 5 mins at a time onto the second A time to start pushing it forward (same with the first one), which will make her bed time a little later for you.

Glad you are finding some Y time. It's great having longer than 45mins to do something!

Of course, just when we have it all sorted they change!!!
Aleesa.....

Offline Peek-a-boo

• Showing Appreciation 326
Re: May have figured it out?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 22:22:05 pm »
I was just thinking of you today and wondering how you were getting on . . .

If she's sleeping a solid night and napping consistently it doesn't matter how she compares to others  :-*:  it's perfect!   :-* :-* :-*