Author Topic: 13 mth old falling asleep standing in crib, any advice???  (Read 690 times)

Offline jmhappy100

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
13 mth old falling asleep standing in crib, any advice???
« on: October 24, 2007, 17:19:28 pm »
we have been using PD with gradual withdrawl (we are all the way at his door way for falling asleep) for the last 13 days and things have improved greatly in the world of sleep in our house.  But, we realized that we were responding to his mantra cries instead of waiting for the real thing (sometimes very hard to tell the difference)  So today at nap time he was doing his mantra crying and then all of a sudden went quiet, I waited about 2 minutes then peeked around his door way and he was standing there with his head on his hands asleep!!!  I walked over and laid him down, he peeked at me for a second and that was it, he really feel asleep standing up!  Has this happened to anyone else???  Is this normal??? 

I'm a little worried about him falling in the crib and hitting his head on the side of it on his way down.  But also a little excited, this is the first time he has EVER fallen asleep in his room by himself, I just wish he had been laying down when he did it :)

Any tips, advice would be much appreciated.

thanks
jill

andibig

Re: 13 mth old falling asleep standing in crib, any advice???
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 18:46:07 pm »
jill
aww bless him.sashas fallen asleep leaning against her bed b4.
to be honest he will probably stop doing that after a while (yes its normal).i'd just check once its gone quiet that he has laid down.
HTH

Offline jmhappy100

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 13 mth old falling asleep standing in crib, any advice???
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 19:14:27 pm »
thanks, it is nice to know that this happens :)