Author Topic: Progress at a standstill?  (Read 918 times)

Offline nickinoodles

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: November 12, 2007, 13:40:38 pm »
Hi,  I've been doing EASY for about two weeks and I saw progress right away with my 8.5 month old daughter.  Her naps went from about 45 minutes or a hour each to 1.5-2 hours each, she is putting herself to sleep for naps and bedtime and she cut down her night wakings from 5-6 times a night to 2-3.  But we've been that way for the night wakings since the 4th or 5th day.  When she gets up at night, I go in and briefly touch her and whisper to her, at first she is hysterical but it only takes her about 10 minutes to go back to sleep.  I still feed her once at night because sometimes I can actually hear her stomach growling.  I just feed her immediately and then put her in the crib awake.  She goes back to sleep quickly on her own then.  Anyway, she's been getting up 2-3 times a night for about a week and a half and I was wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if everything is fine and I just have to be patient?  Any ideas?

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Progress at a standstill?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 18:36:42 pm »
She may be having a growth spurt, or on the verge of a major milestone. It's also normal to see some regression after sleep training. It's important to stay consistent to reinforce the new habits. I think you're doing great  :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 18:39:59 pm by Colin Mac's Mom »
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Bryony

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 141
  • We're in London, UK
Re: Progress at a standstill?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 19:57:20 pm »
As Jessica says, it sounds as if you are doing great!  It does take time. I would give it another week or so while she is still learning the new way of doing things - and if she is still waking several times a night feel free to post back with your routine so that we can see if anyone has any ideas for things that might need tweaking  :)

Bryony

You only really know what love is when you become a parent