Author Topic: whining  (Read 1248 times)

Offline legend_018

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
  • I love bath time!
« on: December 11, 2007, 13:51:09 pm »
not sure where to put this....Chayse is 19 months old. She's saying more words and can communicate a little better than she could before. I think she is sleeping good for the most part on average. Although I know sometimes she is tired and overtiredness can play into it. My question is: Is it normal for them to whine a lot at this age? I mean not just because I'm not paying and giving her attention every minute of the day
; ).....even when I am giving her attention. My husband is getting annoyed by it and told her he wasn't playing anymore because she'd motion for him to build some blocks and than acted like she didn't like what he did "lo". She kept whining and he got a little mad and said fine, I'm not playing with you anymore.

But, is it normal at this age? I know she still can't communicate. Is it a sign that something is wrong (overtired, teeth, ect.)? This sometimes start soon after she wakes up in the morning after sleeping all night long. I wonder if it's more because she can't talk than anything else maybe?

Just a LOT more whining than every before and before she couldn't say ANY words "lol".
Chayse was born March 28, 2006
Chaunda was born August 13, 2007

em_here

Re: whining
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 13:58:15 pm »
could be she is cutting some molars, but also could be that although she can communicate a bit, she cant do it as good as she wants to kwim?  Its very frustrating for lo's when they are grasping the communciation skills.

I would say its very normal, and shall pass x

Offline *Mona*

• Showing Appreciation 144
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 14:03:39 pm »
whining a lot here too- must be normal :P
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline elmarie

• Showing Appreciation 263
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 16:26:05 pm »
Ohhh lots of whining at the moment_I'm busy reading tracy's book "BW for Toddlers" and it seems the best way to handle it is to redirect and distract.  What seems to be helping for us is when I say "mommy cannot understand you when you talk like that in that voice" or " come and show mommy what you want".  But yes i think it is normal for this age..it can drive you mad at times LOL  :) :)

Offline jellybabe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 11:40:19 am »
Urgh, tell me about it!!!!!!!!!!!! Ds does it ALL day long. He whines and moans. I think its mostly coz he want attention. He doesnt really speak yet, but babbles alot. I think sometimes he gets frustrated coz he cant express what he wants, coz he'll whine and when i go with him to show me what he wants he gets happy lol. I think its probably normal. Happy to see my ds isnt the only one that does it.