Author Topic: Forward facing stroller – 4 month old  (Read 1057 times)

Offline suzanasjoqvist

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: January 07, 2008, 02:43:39 am »
Hi we mostly get around using a baby bjorn and only occasionally “on wheals”. Hence I only got a simple forward facing stroller for my baby. She’s been really happy in it for the first few months, but the last few weeks she doesn’t seem to enjoy her rides for more then half an hour.

I’m wondering if it is because she is coming to an age where she is getting a bit more of separation anxiety? And she can’t see me. Does this last for long? I guess until they realize that you are there even though they can’t see you? At what age is this normally?

When I’m outside I try to talk to her a lot so hopefully she learns that I’m there, but in the shops it’s  not always practical as it’s usually to noisy. Is there anything else I can do to get her to enjoy pram rides more? Just wandering if this is going to be a big problem and last for a long time, and if it’s worth getting a new pram, or if I can live with it for a while – as I’m only using it rarely and was hoping this was an expense I could avoid. Thanks.

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Forward facing stroller – 4 month old
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 22:51:21 pm »
she's probably a little too young for separation anxiety, though she could be at the right age for stranger anxiety.  or she could just be wondering why you're doing things differently.  either way, continuing to talk to her & practicing as you have been doing should help her adjust.  :)
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy