Author Topic: Should I just bite the bullet?  (Read 756 times)

Offline kim&savannah

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Should I just bite the bullet?
« on: February 11, 2008, 04:38:23 am »
I'm wondering if I should just switch DS to one nap--he's 15 months, takes an a.m. nap for 45 min, and then a p.m. nap for 1.5 hours.  Except the last 2 sundays, he has just taken one nap around 12:30-3, so only a little longer than his 2 naps together, and honestly, it would be an ideal napping situation--much nicer than the 2 naps since it really makes it hard for us to get to all the morning activities right now.  But I was hoping to sort out his night sleep first--we've had 3 goodish nights in the last month or so (meaning he slept from 10.5-11.5 hours straight--only times in his life he has done that) and I thought we were finally getting to that point and then the last 1.5 weeks have gone back to 2-3 night wakings, ewings, etc. . . 

Is switching him to 1 nap likely to increase the problems with our night sleep right now, or should I just do it and hope it actually helps?   He seems pretty ok with either napping situation and honestly, neither seems to make that much of a difference.  Last sunday, he was up 3 times that night which I thought meant he wasn't ready, but most nights this week have been the same, so that wasn't the cause.  We'll see what tonight is like, but he's a little sick, so it may have nothing to do with the nap anyway.

~Kim
~Kim

Savannah,  6/04
Abraham,   11/06
Henry, 5/8/11

Offline Aly Mac

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 162
  • Such joy!
Re: Should I just bite the bullet?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 07:52:47 am »
HI Kim.

L was doing the same 2 sleeps as Abe, but not the one!!  it's good he sleeps so long in the day on one nap.  We have had nw and ew issues since we transitioned (or tried) a week or so ago.  nw on the nights after 2naps and ew after the days of one nap. cause of the early bed I think.

I don't know the answer I"m afraid.  part of me thinks, well at least its' all at once, and on 3hrs day time it would be ok; but on the other hand you wont' know what is causing the nw.

sorry, not much help, other than my experience iwht the nw/ew, but will pop this over to the toddler sleep board, as there will be much more experienced people there.

take care
xx
Aleesa.....