Author Topic: Dairy sensitivity=rash?  (Read 857 times)

Offline Mama2C

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: February 21, 2008, 19:58:37 pm »
Hi! I have quite the sensitivity to dairy especially to hard cheeses and milk. I break out, I get rashes and I get some tummy aches. My dd is 13  1/2 months old. When she was a baby she was very sensitive to any and all dairy in my breast milk. If I had a single piece of milk chocolate she would have tummy problems. I eliminated all dairy and she was fine. Once she was on solids it didn't matter what I had to eat, she was fine with everything, including dairy in my bm. I figured she grew out of it. She has been okay with tolerating cheese and milk and yoghurt in her diet.
BUT she has had 3 bouts of a fungal skin rash (never bad and always easily treated). First time was around 9 months, second at 11 and now at almost 14 months. I started to suspect a link with dairy when she had her 2nd infection since the 1st time coincided with introduction to dairy but I never thought twice about it and the 2nd time coincided with my giving her dairy 2-3x per day. This time that it has happened has coincided with my introducing her to cow's milk and giving her dairy 4x/day.

Anyone else experiencing this or have advice? I'd like to try her on goat's milk/cheese etc but am not sure how to begin.

I know that when she gets dairy once a day or every second day she doesn't get the infection. I haven't talked to her pedi yet but I was told to keep an eye out for any reactions to dairy since I have had so many reactions myself.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 23:48:08 pm by Mama2C »
Mom of 2!! - DD: Dec 31, 2006 & DS: March 6, 2010

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Dairy sensitivity=rash?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 12:50:13 pm »
It could be due to a dairy allergy/intollerance especially as you have issues and your lo reacted to dairy when through bm when younger. I would definately talk to her ped about it.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker