Author Topic: need lunch and dinner suggestions for 16 month old.....  (Read 1472 times)

Offline lin7604

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
need lunch and dinner suggestions for 16 month old.....
« on: February 24, 2008, 20:33:33 pm »
my ds is 16 month today and has a egg allergy ( only raw) and a real bad sensitivity to tomato based foods.  He is also a very picky eater and it's been a long slow time getting him into people food.  He loves fruit, cereal, yougart, pudding, toast, cinammon waffles ( no other flavors), soup, crackers and chicken fingers ( not cooked any other way), potato smiley faces or tater tots. 

He will eat sometimes cooked carrots or peas. 

He won't eat lunch meat, pasta, cheese, any other meat product, rice only in soup not on it's own.  i am stumped what else to try with him.  i try to re introduce all these items all the time thinking he will finally one day give in and try it. nothing so far?  what else can i try?  breakfast always seems to be either a cereal, waffle or toast( or if i make banan muffins).  lunch always seems to be fruit and soup. dinner always seems to be yougart and cooked carrots/peas and potato smiley faces.   

He loved my spegetti, chili and lasagna but it reacts really badly to his system so no go on those anymore!!! anything else we eat at dinner he won't eat and will just play with.  any suggestions on what else we can try???

Offline finlays mam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 24
Re: need lunch and dinner suggestions for 16 month old.....
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 21:04:10 pm »
have you tried quorn?...my lo loves quorn sausages, mince and the chicken...IYKWIM? avacado, sweetcorn, we have fish in butter sauces here and they're lovely ;) or frozen fish that takes just 20 mins in the oven with a little butter.
Debbie

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 13:04:16 pm »
What kind of soups does he have? Soup does give a great option for getting lots of vegetables, beans and meat and poultry aswell. Is it possible to do the lasagne or spaghetti with a vegetable based sauce instead of tomato. You could puree the vegetables if he is more likely to eat it like that. Have you tried humous? Some children love to dip breadsticks or pitta bread into humous. That would not be bad for lunch with fruit and yogurt to follow. I will keep thinking for other ideas.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline lin7604

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 14:17:11 pm »
thanks to both of you for the suggestions.  For the soup bit he loves litpon chicken noodle, consumme soup with rice, chicken with rice, cream of mushroom and beef barley.  I have tried to make homemade soups as i love them and prefure them but he won't touch any homemade soups at all???? 
how would i do a vegtable sauce base ????  i never see any in the store?? 
i have also tried fish before even just fish sticks as since it is similar to the texture of the chicken fingers he loves but won't eat that either?  try avacados too and no go.

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 16:47:50 pm »
I make a vegetable based sauce myself, not sure if you can buy them. I tend to fry some garlic and onion off and then add lots of different vegetables with some water. Bring to the boil and then simmer. I then add a little cream and cheese. You could leave out the cheese if you wanted if your ds does not like it.

Kelly

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 16:51:38 pm »
I forgot to add that I often blitz this so its more like a sauce but often cook some mushrooms seperately and then add them into the sauce afterwards. I also put a mixture of herbs in aswell which I forgot to mention. Obviously you could cook the mushrooms with the vegetables if you wanted to blitz them aswell.

Kelly

Offline lin7604

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 00:50:38 am »
thanks, sounds really good.... yumm

Offline lin7604

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 14:08:48 pm »
i know there areoptions and i can sneak lots of veggies in it but i can't get him to eat homemade soup at all, why??? i have no idea, only canned or litpons ckn noodle???  I have tried a ckn soup, ckn with rice, etc homemade and he won't touch them???

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 19:36:11 pm »
That sounds like a great way to move onto homemade soups.

Offline lin7604

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 03:01:40 am »
that is a very good idea!!!! thanks, i will do that tomorrow! ;D :)