Author Topic: Cinnamon intolerance?  (Read 2439 times)

carly-g

Cinnamon intolerance?
« on: April 01, 2008, 18:49:25 pm »
Hi Ladies,

We are doing BLW, and DS is a BIG eater.  I have discovered that he gets red & irritated in the diaper area when I give him sweet potato with cinnamon (even though he loves it).  So I have eliminated that, and now he is getting sweet potato plain or with rosemary.  My question is does the cinnamon intolerance indicate that there is anything else he may be sensitive to?  Will he grow out of this?

thanks,
Carly

Offline marensmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 202
Re: Cinnamon intolerance?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 20:31:15 pm »
My DD1 gets a red rash around her mouth when something with cinnamon sits there for a few minutes, even if it's just a little bit in her oatmeal, and a red looking bottom with associated loose bm when she eats pumpkin pie (I presume there's a lot of cinnamon in it - not that I've ever made one ::) )  However, she is not bothered by it if it's wiped off her face right away or if it's just a bit in the food.  She has never had any other food intolerances or allergies, though, and she has quite a varied diet.

HTH! :)
Nicole - Mom to My Lovely Girls

carly-g

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 12:40:54 pm »
THanks!  I was talking to my mom last night, and she told me that my dad is sensitive to cinnamon, too.  Strange that I never knew that!

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 06:13:54 am »
It is amazing what you find out when something like that happens. It was the same for us when my son started with eczema at 5 weeks old.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker