Author Topic: pyloric stenosis or acid reflux or alergy?  (Read 1348 times)

Offline anniedooday

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
pyloric stenosis or acid reflux or alergy?
« on: April 21, 2008, 18:49:15 pm »
 When my 1st daughter was born we just thought she was a spitter she always ate well but she spit ALL the time but just not quite throwing up. alot of the times it would be curdled but not always , some symptoms I really don't recall this was 3 years ago and since she was my 1st I didn't know alot about what should be normall. When she was about 10 weeks she started spitting up (especially while she was sleeping it seemed, because I would find it in the morning) but it would be brown, which ,of course I thought was blood. we brought her to the e.r. and I even told them I rember my husband saying he had a surgery when he was about 4 weeks old,For pyloric stenosis, but they wrote it off because she didn't have typical symptoms for it and they seem to have it earlier,symptoms usually are projectile vomiting right after feeding and poor weight gain and sometimes green and brown colored vomit and constipation, and usually starts at2-3 wks. wellshe really had none of those and theysent us home, they ended up wanting us to come back a week later and I pressed for sooner to do an ultrasound which showed the blockage of the overgrowth of the muscle at the exit of the stomach, pyloric stenosis, and she was immediately emmitted to surgery, it is also very rare in girls 1 in 1ooo and for boys 1 in 200. Sometimes it is better to listen to our hearts than doctors when we feel like something is wrong. I just never see any info about it on websites and posts thought I woul share. Sorry I don't know how to tell short stories. :)

Offline Melej

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Re: pyloric stenosis or acid reflux or alergy?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 19:45:36 pm »
Is your DD OK now?

There was a lady a couple of months ago, who had a little boy that suffered with it, I'm not sure but but I think its generally pretty uncommon.

My DH also had the same op when he was a baby so it was something we were aware of with our DD. She has been lucky and avoided it but its something we will have to keep an eye out for with any other LOs we may have.
Mel ~ mum to...

Offline ~Faye~

• A TRUE FRIEND IS SOMEONE WHO SEES THE PAIN IN YOUR EYES WHILE EVERYONE ELSE BELIEVES THE FAKE SMILE .
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 369
  • If life hands you lemons ask for tequila and salt!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 19:53:04 pm »
My BIL and my MIL both had it as babies and had the op. I always thought you had to have the projectile vomiting though, that's really interesting. I will keep an eye on my DD just in case.
Shay
Ziggy Sleep well xxx
Ellie
Darcy
http://postnatalillness.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Offline anniedooday

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 20:06:33 pm »
My DD is great although she was allergic to milk from age one to three exactly two very long label reading years but I am sure that has nothing to do with it. and yes I do belive it is known to run in families.