Author Topic: rash, not sure why?  (Read 920 times)

Offline dizzy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: May 23, 2008, 08:12:38 am »
Hi, my LO has had a rash for 24 hours now. It is particularly over his legs and feet, then his arm and hands. It is tiny red pin prick kind of marks. I have done glass test and he does not seem ill at all. He is teething badly and 2 bottom front teeth through but still coming out. He will not eat a great deal. He has recently been eating a lot of fruit and yoghurt as won't eat anything else. The only new thing he has eaten in the last few days is strawberries could it be that? Can't get in at Dr's as has been bank holiday here and will be again on Monday. Can you get a rash from teeth?
He is nearly 9 months.

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: rash, not sure why?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 16:53:11 pm »
Hi there.  Did he eat actual strawberries or was it strawberries that was baby food?  Just asking because doctors recommend holding off on strawberries until 1 years of age. 

You see strawberries in baby foods for 6+ mos. What I read about that is:  The strawberry protein that causes the allergic reaction is damaged during the heating process making the baby food, so some lo's are okay with that.

That all being said.  Normally a rash from teething is on the face from the drool. 

It sounds like a reaction to me or another thought could be  prickly heat (heat rash).  Were you by chance outside in the heat?

Hope this helps, Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!