Author Topic: 2-1 nap transition at 10 months or just teething???  (Read 1550 times)

Offline button

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Hello from under the changing table!!! Ireland.
2-1 nap transition at 10 months or just teething???
« on: June 15, 2008, 17:49:41 pm »
My DD is just over 10 months and had a very good routine with two naps with total daytime sleep of 2-3(usually 3) hours and nighttime sleep of 11-12 hours.

In the past  2 weeks(well about that) it has been very hard to settle her for her second nap and in the last few days she sometimes refused to take her 2nd nap.

If she does take her two naps she then takes a VERY long time to settle in the evening, but if she refuses to take it I put her to bed early & she settles no problem.

She just got one top tooth and I can see the other coming though-could it be happening because of teething.
The fact it happens at the same nap every day makes me think it is not teething but is it not too early for the 2-1 nap transition??????

Offline button

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: 2-1 nap transition at 10 months or just teething???
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 21:40:39 pm »
Just found this very helpful link which has answered my questions.
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=95670.0
I didn't realize they show signs of getting ready for the switch so early .
At least now I know whats going on and what to do.
Going to try the 45 minute morning nap...not sure if it will work as  she has twice slept for just an hour and still not taken her evening nap but hopefully. If she is continually refusing the pm nap should I let her sleep longer on the first nap and put her to bed early?

lilmonkey

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 22:24:02 pm »
Both DD and DS started their transition at around 10 mos, so I don't hink that it is too early.  It just makes the transition longer for us.  lol

If you are doing the gradual approach, then it is better to keep the better and longer nap and limit the other nap until it disappears.  For dd, I kept the am nap as it was her better nap.  I just keep moving it towards noon and the pm nap was just the catnap until I stop offering it as it got in the way at bedtime.  And we had early bedtime for a while until hse can stretch back out to 7/7:30 pm.  I started the same with ds but after a few weeks, he changed on me and his pm nap became the better nap. 

HTH a little. 

Offline button

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 09:33:08 am »
Hey mimi thanks for your advice. For us the am nap is the best too but if dd takes a long one then she definitely refuses the 2nd .Yesterday I cut it short and she did take a second nap so hopefully this will continue.
She is starting ew's & when she takes both naps takes ages to settle fort he last nap so maybe she is over tired so I am hoping if she continues to take 2 naps this should work it self out.
Thanks again for your reply!