Author Topic: 45 minute mantra cry??  (Read 660 times)

Offline suevcameron

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: August 04, 2008, 08:41:41 am »
Hiya - nap confusion again!!

When my lo wakes up after 45 minutes and does the mantra cry - should I leave him or should I be doing something to help him sleep?
Up until now I have been going in, but he seems to get more upset. He has just woken up after being asleep for 40-45 mins and I have left him and not gone into his room because his cry seemed like a mantra cry and after 20 mins he seems to be crying a lot less with lots of breaks where he is silent but he's not gone back to sleep.
Is this the right thing to do or should I be pat/shushing?
Also he's still making noises after 2.5hrs after his feed this morning - should I feed him then or wait 'til 3 hours have passed with him making little wingey noises? And since he's been crying for a while now what time do I start his next EASY cycle from?

Thanks
Sue

Offline brenda2

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 227
Re: 45 minute mantra cry??
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 00:22:55 am »
if he is mantra  crying it is ok to leave him to self settle...but it sounds like your LO is young  ??? and if very young he may not be able to self settle yet in which case i would be hesitant to leave him. but if  you make it worse when you're in there then leave him.  if it escalates then you go in.

as for the short naps and EASY cycle, here is a link:

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=128419.0

the short naps may be due to OT due to short naps and too long A time and the cycle repeats.  if your LO is really young the A times will be really short and your EASY cycle will not really be EASY but may be EASAEAS or EASASEAS   kwim?

Offline suevcameron

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 08:38:58 am »
Heehee - its so confusing. Yeah - didn't feel right leaving him to cry - i just find it so hard to get  him to sleep if he wakes up mid nap. Its the same time as I wrote yesterday and he woke up at 0730 and I started the winddown and 0805 - he took a while to fall asleep and now has woken up after 45mins. Do you suggest that I should do activity with him at this point and then try and put him back to sleep?

Offline brenda2

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 227
Re: 45 minute mantra cry??
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 16:13:55 pm »
how old is he?  how long is his A time (time from waking up to being asleep again)?

if he wakes up crying you could try to put him back down with shh pat but if he wakes up happy he likely won't go back down and just do a short A time and then put him back to bed.