Author Topic: Nap Lengthening  (Read 743 times)

Offline plum31

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 16, 2008, 12:21:16 pm »
Hi

I got some great advice last week about my 14 week 45 minute napper and shortening activity times which has really helped with overtiredness things are getting better although we still have some issues in the late afternoon.

I am still getting the short naps but they are more evenly spaced, I am really trying to extend the middle of the day nap as it is difficult for me to extend the others as my other 2 kids are at school and need taking an picking up which means he sleeps in the car seat or buggy.

My question is he keeps waking and going back off he sleeps soundly for the first 45 mins and then I am up and downstairs patting him he goes off really quickly but then only sleeps for 10mins and crys again I've found if I persevere I can get him to have a another longer nap but how long should I be leaving  him considering he is only having 45 mins in the morning and 45 mins in the afternoon and sometimes.  He has currently been in bed for two hours now though probably only slept about 1hour 15 mins. (I am in the UK by the way if you think the times are strange!!)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Vicki

Offline ~*~Little Miss Sunshine~*~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 13:10:01 pm »
Vicki - I'd say 2 hours should be the max to leave him in there if he isn't sleeping yet.  Hopefully he will start extending on his own but hey, an hour and 15 minutes is better than 45 ;)