Author Topic: Getting enough calcium?  (Read 863 times)

Offline KittysMum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Like your heart walking round outside your body
Getting enough calcium?
« on: December 03, 2008, 15:39:03 pm »
Hi gang

Can you help? Kitty's now on three solid meals a day, and 3 breastfeeds (morning, afternoon and evening) She's just learning to use a sippy cup, but doesn't take very much from it yet.

As she's MSPI, and not eating any milk, cheese, yoghurt etc, I'm concerned about the calcium content of her diet.

She's now 9 months. Will she get enough calcium from my breastmilk or should I be giving her drinks of rice milk with added calcium at mealtimes? (I spotted a recipe on here for rice milk with nesquik added, which I thought I might try)

Thanks all!

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Getting enough calcium?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 01:06:54 am »
I think 3 feeds a day is plenty of calcium for her.  I would put some rice milk in the sippy cup though just to give her practice and what ever bit she got, then great, but not really needed.

I had to add nesquick to my son's rice milk, but I would recommend that you try  it plain first.  Nesquick contains a lot of sugar and yucky stuff they really don't need.  DH2 drinks plain rice milk.  I had to do it DS1 because he would not drink it otherwise.

Hugs, Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline KittysMum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Like your heart walking round outside your body
Re: Getting enough calcium?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 18:53:13 pm »
Thanks so much Wendy - that's so reassuring. One less thing to worry about!