Author Topic: 7WO and 30 minute naps  (Read 743 times)

Offline Mypunkin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
7WO and 30 minute naps
« on: December 08, 2008, 19:07:18 pm »
My dd is 7 weeks old this week.  She's been taking 30 minute naps for the past week.  She's swaddled, on a 3 hour EASY (bf), and has about 45-60 A time. Has white noise and is in a dark room. Do you think it's just OS/OT because she's so young or could it be something else?  I can sometimes get her to nap longer if I go in at the 20 minute mark and wait for her to wake up with my hands on her legs and arms (yes, she still moves quite a bit in a tight swaddle).  Will she eventually outgrow this?  I have to drop off and pick up my older dd from school during the week so she only gets one or two naps in her bed b/c we're in the car the rest (that's a different post because she doesn't sleep well in the car and screams). Am I expecting too much at this early age?

If anyone has any success stories or tips I'm all ears!  TIA :)
Jena

Jalen Sylvia Jean
12/23/02

jena@thebabywhisperer.com

lilac83

Re: 7WO and 30 minute naps
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 19:33:28 pm »
It appears that somewhere along the line your LO has gotten OT. For the next day or so I would try to keep activities low key and get her back to sleep as close to 45 minutes A time as possible. As for the jolting, they do grow out of this. I noticed with my LO that sleeping in the car got better as she got older too.

Offline marensmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 202
Re: 7WO and 30 minute naps
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 03:41:10 am »
Have you tried extending her naps with pat/shh?  That's a great tool that will help for the next several months in helping her learn independent sleep and extend those short naps.   What kind of swaddle are you using?  We used a miracle blanket and it definitely helped Hayden with the jolts.  :)
Nicole - Mom to My Lovely Girls