Author Topic: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Three  (Read 67002 times)

Offline AshleyB

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
Re: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Three
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2009, 18:20:40 pm »
Yesterday, Chandler ate:
B: mini waffle, refused veggie sausage (a first), refused strawberries
L: egg puffet with greens, avocado,(crazy for avocado lately) mixed fruit cereal bar
S: Apple juice and oatmeal Snackimals in the car on the way to pool
D: grilled cheese at the pool snack bar along with some of Mommy's grilled chicken salad. (She actually ate the greens!)
She barely ate dinner--too excited to be at the pool.
Milk bottles first thing in the morning and before bed.
Mom to Chandler McCrea born April 2, 2008
Spirited/Textbook

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2009, 23:57:22 pm »
Today, Chandler came home with big purple circles under her eyes, which I believe is a sign of food allergy. I'm going to have to keep a log of everything she's eating to see if I can determine what it is.

For dinner tonight, Chandler had sauteed cod, mushroom risotto, broccoli, and her very first ear of corn on the cob (she loved it!)
Spirited/Textbook

Offline mini me

• Showing Appreciation 38
  • British Mummy living in Greece now back in UK!
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2009, 06:37:48 am »
Aw poor Chandler ... hope you get some answers Ashley!
Andi

Offline gpmom

• Showing Appreciation 12
  • My 4 year old!
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2009, 18:51:50 pm »
Hmm yesterday

Breaky-eggs and cheese omlet and dry cereal.
snack-1 stick from a kit kat.  Raisens
Lunch-crackers, meat and cheese (we were at a picnic) water and berries
snack-apple sauce
dinner-ham, brocoli salad, baked beans and cake for fathers day desert

I have some real issues with veggies.  I better get my butt in gear b4 it is too late and she just wont eat them
Joan...mom to Daisy!!
Born July 25, 2007
My perfect little bug.

Offline sherry lynn

• Showing Appreciation 127
« Reply #184 on: June 23, 2009, 15:51:05 pm »
Lyle used to love his veggies. Now we are having issues too :(

I need to keep offering him different foods, but it annoys me to no end when he doesn't take it, and I don't know if I should offer anything else that I know he will eat.

What do you guys do about that? Do you offer different foods? Do you give two choices?
DS#1: 30 Oct 2007
DS#2 19 Feb 2010

hrk

« Reply #185 on: June 23, 2009, 18:11:01 pm »
B-blueberry pancake with peanut butter and jelly, milk
L-salmon patty, grapes, pasta w/olive oil
S-(will be crackers and hummus and pear)
D-planning to grill; veggie patties/chicken (no chicken for H-gas! or me, lol), beans, homemade salsa grilled, corn on cob (off for H), strawberries

Sher, Heath has been fussier lately, too.  I think I load his tray with everything, and that is a mistake.  If I put one thing on first (thing that I want him to try the most or is least likely) it has a better chance of being eaten.  If too much, it seems he picks.  If I do mixed veggies (the frozen style he isn't as used to) it usually sits there.  I leave it be, hoping he will become more familiar with it.  For some reason he always picks out a lima bean first and doesn't like it.  Of course he refuses the rest, lol.  Probably have already tried that. 

If he is teething, it may be a situation where you ride it out and he will go back to more normal eating habits.  Perhaps it is the toddlerness peaking, and he just isn't fond of them anymore.  Our pedi said that would likely happen and not to be too alarmed...hard to do being a mom, right?

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2009, 19:14:42 pm »

Tell me- what are sultanas?
Also- how does "tea" fit into your meals- just a curious American- do you consider it a light snack? Is it a full meal?
Do you have breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner?

Sultanas are smaller than raisins and golden coloured instead of dark brown. There are some "fine" distinctions which are probably very important if you are a coinnosseur or sultana/raisin grower, but generally I think that is the distinction most people in this part of England (NW) use.

For us "tea" is the evening meal. I think it really varies across England how the term is used. When I was in London my co-workers all used the term differently depending on what part of the country they were from, and I have to say, what "class" they were.  My boss was a very upper class posh Londoner and she hated that we "working class folk" used "tea" as the name for our main evening meal as she used it for a 3pm cup of tea and biscuits.  Just an example.  In the area I live now people tend to have "bkfst, dinner (ie/ lunch), tea (ie/ dinner) and supper (ie/ bedtime snack) as their meals.  I have half-adopted it and I have bkfst, lunch, tea and snack!

BACK TO TOPIC!

Joining in early (DS is only 11 months) but I like to keep an eye on this thread because I do worry about what DS eats and if he gets enough.  Today was a bad day for him for eating:

B: 1/2 weetabix with apple juice, 1/2 peach and 1/2 banana
L: about 10 bites of pasta with a tomato sauce and some ground beef. he hated it.  about 10 grapes
snack: corn puffs
D: hardly anything - 2 green beans, 1/2 of a crumpet, residue from some cauliflower that he had no choice but to swallow because he couldn't pick it all out of his mouth with his fingers, a couple of cheerios that he found under his highchair and a bit of my banana

Offline speechie

• Showing Appreciation 303
  • 7 years of spirited bliss!
« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2009, 20:11:56 pm »
ahh, thanks for clarifying that for me!
Welcome to the thread Mashi!
Today Nick ate:
B-whole wheat waffle, nectarine, scrambled egg, milk.
S-raisins, water, wild strawberries foraged from the yard- eaten right away!
L-banana and peanut butter sandwich, bok choi, blueberries, milk
D- should be roasted chicken, squash, milk, zucchini
Cathie
                Nick spirited angel, born August 2, 2007

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2009, 21:40:55 pm »
Hi everyone

Lyle used to love his veggies. Now we are having issues too :(

I need to keep offering him different foods, but it annoys me to no end when he doesn't take it, and I don't know if I should offer anything else that I know he will eat.

What do you guys do about that? Do you offer different foods? Do you give two choices?

If I'm making something new I do tend to offer it as well as something I know she likes so as I have found it takes her a few tries to eat a new food with gusto.  If I offer something I know she likes and she doesn't eat it I tend to not offer something else or if I do I make sure its not something we'd consider a treat.  Not sure they really get at this age that if they don't eat their dinner then they'll get a biscuit/yogurt/crisps etc but its got me into a good habit.  If she doesn't eat her dinner I do tend to offer something before bedtime so she's not hungry in the night.  Hope that helps!!

Today Miss Maeve ate:

B:  Cereal with fruit puree, pancake
S:  Babybel cheese, raisins
L:  Bread and butter, yogurt with strawberries, jar of fruit, handful of crisps (we were on a picnic)
S:  Rice and prawn crackers (out with mummy for late lunch), spoonful of ice cream (first try!)
D:  Spinach with sweet potato 

Offline mini me

• Showing Appreciation 38
  • British Mummy living in Greece now back in UK!
« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2009, 06:34:35 am »
Teatime for us is usually used when you have had a main hot meal for lunch and then a cold meal around 5-6pm, so this usually happens on a Sunday when you would have a big roast dinner at lunchtime and a cold tea (ie bread and jam, crumpets, salad etc) for your lighter evening meal. But as a kid growing up we had breakfast, lunch and tea daily unless the lunch was replaced by a big roast which then beacame dinner!) So I don't think there's any hard and fast rule, just that dinner and lunch can be the same thing and tea and dinner can be the same thing, just that you don;t have 2 dinners in a day, so it depends which way round you cook!! All very confusing!! LOL ;D

Anywaaaaaay .... Yesterday Artemis had an overload of blueberries as My mum arrived with a couple of fresh packs of blueberries in her hand luggage!! A was in paradise and has never used the word "mo" - more- so often!!!

Breakie: 1 and a half weetabix :o and 6 refills of her big girls cup of milk!!
Snack: raisins in the car on way to airport.
Lunch: Slice of ww bread with butter and strawberry jam, 2 dried apricots, 2 prunes, handful of cherries, slice of cheese.
Dinner: Greek salad, 6 olives :o loves the strong green ones!!! spinich and riccotta tortellini, yoghurt.

Sherry, when Artemis refuses her meal (I count to 10 first as it annoys me when she usually eats it and then just refuses suddenly) then I leave it in front of her and do something else (she;s next to me but I give her no attention and get on with somethiing ) then if she still refuses, before it gets into an issue, I get her down and et her play and then give her her food (something else) a bit later. I feel this way, she leaves the table a bit hungry, but I give her something else so as not to make her refuse again just because she wants to. iykwim? I have memories of me sitting at the table with a plate of food gone cold, everyone else had left and I was left there, then off to bed :'(  I was a nightmare picky eater tho, so I don't blame my parents for getting annoyed, but then again, NO ONE would eat a plate of cold minced meat with cold cooked veggies!! So with DD I try and start each meal (even if it is a 2nd attempt after a 10-15min break) with a smile and a plate of appetising food. HTH. but it can be extremely frustrating!! :)
Andi

hrk

« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2009, 20:00:48 pm »
B- pbj, milk, banana
S-strawberries
L-grilled cheese and milk (at a restaurant)
S-fruit and veg, milk
D-not sure what we will have; eating at the neighborhood block party

Ashley, I remember you posting about dd's dark circles under eyes.  That symptom is also one listed under inhalent allergies, so perhaps it isn't food?  Lots of pollen/chemicals at the pool, I imagine.  That is from the Dr. Sears' The Baby Book pg. 698.  They call them allergic shiners.

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2009, 02:37:50 am »
Thanks, Jean. I was familiar with that term, but not that it could apply to inhalant. The "shiners" have not reappeared, so perhaps that's what it was.
Spirited/Textbook

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2009, 23:50:01 pm »
For dinner, Chandler ate:

rotisserie chicken mixed in with some mac and cheese, sweet potato, summer squash (mostly spit out). She also got half a carrot cupcake with creamcheese icing that her great-grandmother made for her. She lunged for the tin containing the treats and was quite put out that I would not give her more!
Spirited/Textbook

Offline speechie

• Showing Appreciation 303
  • 7 years of spirited bliss!
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2009, 01:45:55 am »
Today Nick ate:
B-egg, anadama bread, red flannel hash, strawberries, milk
L-chicken, pasta, green beans, milk, banana
S-popcorn cake, juice
D-chicken pot pie with peas,carrots, lima beans, corn, strawberries and pears, milk.
Cathie
                Nick spirited angel, born August 2, 2007

Offline mum101

• Char
  • Showing Appreciation 138
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2009, 02:15:59 am »
Leobin wasn't eating much last week as he had a fever on and off. I always start to worry when he stops eating.  After him not eating well for that month or more it's hard not to worry! But so far he always gets back on track after a few light days *phew*!

But am so chuffed that today he ate strawberries!!  My aim for this week is to consistently offer both strawberries and peas to him, but was so chuffed that the second offering of strawberries was taken and he wanted more! I'll be buying more next week to get him used to them.

He is slowly but surely increasing the variety of foods he'll eat, but he mostly refuses straight fruit and veges. Even things like potato  ::) 
mumma to 2 former BW babies, DD 11, DS 8