Author Topic: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Three  (Read 67049 times)

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

lilac83

Re: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Three
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 04:21:46 am »
With Charla's hot dogs I cut them in circles. Then cut those circles in half. Then cut those half circles into thirds. No way she can choke! Does anyone peel the grapes they give?

Breakfast - 5oz formula, oatmeal, peaches - she didn't eat much
Snack - few fruit puffs
Lunch - 5oz formula, noodle-o's in meat sauce, peaches - again didn't eat much
Snack - teddy grahams
Dinner - 6oz formula, blueberry waffle with margarine, baby food pears (trying to finish what I have left), yogurt - ate tons!!

She normally only eats well at one meal, usually dinner. Just noticed no veggies today, bad mommy!

Offline LucySol

• Showing Appreciation 55
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 07:51:58 am »
just reading along for ideas

fifibobandmore

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 10:29:45 am »
Don't matter much veggies yesterday Robin DD had 5 fruit's instead. I used to peel Edwards grapes but now he is older I dont peel them but I do cut them in to quarter's about to move to cutting into half because he is hardly chewing his grapes now and I am scared he will choke

Offline mini me

• Showing Appreciation 38
  • British Mummy living in Greece now back in UK!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 12:08:07 pm »
I still halve my grapes for DD, I don't worry about her choking on chunks of food as she's got such a fab choke reflex, but I don't risk it with round foods. My best mate came to stay for easter and she bought a punnet of blueberries for DD!!! I have frozen them and trying to eek them out for the next few weeks as we can't get them here! DD LOOOOVES them! She also enjoyed an olive the other day - can't get much fresher than here!! ;D

Yesterday DD had:
Breakie: 1 weetabix with warm milk and 2 blueberries (poor thing was begging with her eyes for more!!)
Snack: Slice of wholemeal toast with butter and marmite, 2 prunes (loves these), 1 dried apricot
30mins prenap: 250mls milk (half in sippy, other half in bottle ::) )
Lunch: Greek salad, mini sausage, chunk of cheddar
Snack: Slice of apple, 8 raisins
Dinner: Kidney bean casserole (about 6 different fresh veggies included), 1 yoghurt
Bedtime: 240mls formula

Hmm looking at that, she ate loads yesterday!! She eats so much better when we manage to eat all together.
Andi

Offline huntersmummyinoz

• Showing Appreciation 100
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 12:57:11 pm »
robin, i still halve hunter's grapes, he chews everything really well and i usually give him everything whole now (eg. apples, pears, etc) but grapes still freak me out a bit with the whole choking possibility. i've never peeled them :-\ first gave them to him cut into quarters at 10/11mths.

andi, hunter loves olives too! he ate 10 in a row at a restaurant last week ;D

lyn, here's that chicken tikka masala with chickpeas recipe:
1kg skinless thigh fillets
1 onion, sliced
2 red peppers, deseeded, cut into strips
3cm piece of root ginger, grated
3 cloves garlic
6 tbs tikka masala paste (i use this much initially then take out hunter's portion and add the rest of the jar for me and DH, hunter's still has a bit of a 'kick' so you may wish to use less depending on your LOs taste)
1 tbs tamarind paste
2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
300mL chicken stock
400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3 tbs greek yoghurt (i use a lot more)
1 tsp caster sugar
3 tbsp chopped coriander (i also use a lot more of this)
rice or naan bread to serve

1. cut chicken fillet into quarters, saute in 2tbs oil til golden brown on outside (not cooked thru). transfer to plate. add 1 tbs oil and saute onions and peppers until soft.
2. stir in ginger, garlic, tikka masala, tamarind paste. cook for 1 min. add chicken, tomatoes, chickpeas, stock. bring to boil. cover and simmer for minimum 30 mins and chicken cooked thru (i do an hour if i have the time as more tender)
3. remove lid and simmer uncovered for 10mins or until sauce thickens slightly. stir in sugar, greek yoghurt, corriander.

*i used to grate an apple to add to hunter's portion of curries when he was smaller to sweeten it a little but he is fine without it now.

yesterday hunter ate:

wake up: 6oz milk in sippy
breaky: porridge with raisins and dried apricots, half piece of vegemite toast, 2 strawberries, diluted juice
snack: cheese slice, 2 x rice cakes, water
lunch: homous and grated carrot filled pitta bread, 6 oz milk
snack: 2 x animal crackers, kiwi fruit, fromage frais, water
dinner: slice hawaiian pizza, slice hot and spicy pizza :o, chips, apple/blueberry dessert, 6 oz milk

kirry

Offline huntersmummyinoz

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 12:58:37 pm »
andi, how do you make your greek salad? thought i'd ask you so i can get an 'authentic' recipe ;D

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 13:40:35 pm »
fifibobandmore: Can I come eat at your house?

Going to buy some hummos at the store today. Don't know why I haven't thought of that!

Good brand of nitrate free hotdogs: Applegate Farms. They are SO delicious. I discovered them when I was pregnant, now DH and I are hooked. Oscar Meyer also has a line of natural uncured meats and the hot dogs are pretty good.

Chandler ate veggie sausage for the first time today (Yves brand) and scarfed it down. That's going to become a regular item for me now. It's so easy!
Mom to Chandler McCrea born April 2, 2008
Spirited/Textbook

fifibobandmore

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 14:41:41 pm »
I will be posting the chicken and ham pie recipe I us for my DD who has dairy free foods but all I do is change the butter and milk to make the pie for every-one else int he family htat can have diary. Will post a link here later witht he recipe once I have posted it. If that is what you like the sound of. The pasta dish Edward had yetsreday was just the pasta bows mixed with butter caramelised red onion, a tin of plum tomatoes pureed and the basil was finely shreddard fresh basil.

Offline speechie

• Showing Appreciation 303
  • 7 years of spirited bliss!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 16:30:28 pm »
mmmm- thanks for the hotdog recs- We do still halve grapes/olives/round foods.
I'll update later today.
Cathie
                Nick spirited angel, born August 2, 2007

Offline mini me

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 18:20:07 pm »
Kirry - for our Greek salad I add chopped tomatoes (they are so sweet, red and juicy at the moment :P ), peeled chopped cucumber (skins are tougher over here and not so nice looking - probably cos they are fresh from the farmer and don't have to go thru the UK "supermarket look nice quality standards"!!), olives scattered in (I obviously de-stone them ready for Artemis), cubes of feta cheese, thinly sliced red onion - for us not Artemis, rocket (if you want to add it), pinch of oregano, then tossed up with LOADS of olive oil - this is to be mopped up at the end with torn up pieces of a crusty white loaf of bread!!! The oil at the end is my fav part as it has all the flavours mixed in and everyone dives in with no table manners!!! Some people add balsamic as well which makes a lovely dressing too, but I don't tend to give vinegar to Artemis (except with lentils), not sure why tho ... is it recommended to not give much vinegar to LOs??
Andi

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 20:00:17 pm »
I don't think it's not recommended for LOs to have vinegar. However, I know mine doesn't like it yet. She spits out anything with a tangy/vinegary sauce.
Mom to Chandler McCrea born April 2, 2008
Spirited/Textbook

Offline huntersmummyinoz

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 20:21:06 pm »
thanks andi :-*

Offline mini me

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 20:41:42 pm »
You're welcome :-*  Love the new avatar btw!! Can't believe how big Hunter now is compared to when we were having early birthclub sleep woes!! So cute!! :D

Today Artemis had:
Breakie: Porridge
Snack: Fingernail sized piece of banana - she won't eat it at all, but wants a miniscule bit if Daddy has one!! ::) Milk
Lunch: Small piece of lamb from the spit (Greek Easter today - not a good time to be a lamb!! :'( ) tomatoes, potatoes, cucumber, 2 olives, bread, cheese, yoghurt
Snack: Way over boiled chunk of beef with veg - a tasteless daily food the other Greek mums insist on spoonfeeding their babies til about 3.5yrs of age!! Soft and mushy "so they can't choke" even tho they have a mouthful of teeth!! ::) ... Artemis was offered this whilst out today and politely had 3 mouthfuls before refusing any more - she never refuses "normal" food!! ;)
Dinner: Left over bean casserole (from yesterday as Mummy was too tired to cook and hadn't thought to defrost anything else!! Bad Mummy!!) She wolfed it down tho!!
Bed: Formula
Andi

lilac83

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 21:40:53 pm »
Charla's meals today:

Breakfast - blueberry waffle, applesauce, 6oz formula (it was DH's turn to get up with her and this is what he feeds her for every breakfast he's in charge of, LOL)
No snack today, she was sleeping.
Lunch - tuna noodle casserole w/ peas, grapes, 6oz formula
Snack - string cheese, teddy grahams, water
Dinner - cheesy noodles with broccoli and carrots, whole milk :)
6oz formula before bed