Author Topic: too happy to sleep?  (Read 693 times)

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« on: May 22, 2009, 02:39:11 am »
My son only slept 45mins this morning after a 2 hour A time which he usually sleeps 2 hours with. he has been awake a further 2 hours now and ive put him to bed but he is laughing and giggling in his cot. I have never had this happen before, what do i do? I dont think he is going to fall asleep and if i go in there and try and pat he just looks at me and squeals with delight and laughs and talks at me. Should i get him up till he stops being so happy? he was rubbing his eyes etc and i know he is tired after the short nap but doesnt seem to want to do anything but play.

He is teething at the moment too, will this be it as well?

Offline annette.xx

• Showing Appreciation 42
Re: too happy to sleep?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 12:35:27 pm »
thats so cute!!!.....he just loves you so much and wants your company!!!

If he self settles I would close the door and leave him to it and see if he sleeps eventually!!...i would be scared of taking him back out cos he might come to expect playtime instead of naptime!!!

he is so adorable!!

Annette.xx

Offline *Jo*

• Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 12:58:44 pm »
well he actually put himself to sleep and slept for two hours so i guess its not a real problem, its just that the other night he woke up at 5 am doing the exact same thing and then wouldnt go back to sleep for another hour and a half no matter what we tried so i was worried he was too active to actually fall asleep.
Is this normal? He is a VERY active baby, never stops moving, ive been told im in for it when he gets his legs, sometimes i love the dreamfeed cos thats the only time he really sits still for cuddling, Im just worried that he may be too active to soothe himself and i dont want a repeat of the 5am wake up we had!

Offline annette.xx

• Showing Appreciation 42
Re: too happy to sleep?
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 13:09:26 pm »
yeah my LO wakes at 5.30 am!!!...I never go in...i just let her mantra cry (she does this for bout 2 mins) then I hear her babbling for a while....then i fall back to sleep and she wakes me just b4 7....i think she goes back to sleep in between!! (i hope!!!)...i find if i go in she wakes up more and either wants to play or wants her favourite thing...booby!!!!!

My LO is nearly 16 wks and is also getting very active!...she cant sit still ...EVER and always wants to be held so she can pull herself up on legs!!..shes not interested in sitting or laying she just wants to stand....im worried it will harm her legs...but I cant stop her cos she is so strong....she smiles so much when she launches up on me with legs stretched out!!!...

I was reading something yesterday which made me laugh......

''would you be able to sleep if you suddenly found out you had super powers''....this is how babies feel cos they come into the world thinking they are just a part of you then they begin to realise they have body parts and then that they can control them ....and its just so exciting for them!!!

Annette.xx