Author Topic: Activity ideas for a 2.5 year old to do whilst I feed the baby  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Cathy_D

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
I'm thinking about putting together some boxes for DD to have to play with whilst I'm feeding the new baby. She will be 2 and a half by the time it arrives.

I plan to have 4 or 5 different boxes so we can rotate them with a new one each day, and there will be interesting things for her to do just in those times, that she can sit on the sofa next to me to do if she wants, to try and make it seem more fun and less like she is excluded. 

So far, I'm thinking:
'magic colouring' with the water pens
cards/beads for threading
hand puppet
small jigsaws she can do herself
books that I can read just for those times
a mini-scribbler
fuzzy felt type picture

Has anyone else done this and did it work?  And can anyone suggest more ideas, especially quiet-ish things that don't require much input from me!  Anything cheap/can be made from things we already have especailly appreciated!

Thanks
Cathy
Cathy

Offline LizzieN

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 143
Re: Activity ideas for a 2.5 year old to do whilst I feed the baby
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 11:10:04 am »
Hey sweetie,
Getting a new dolly that has a nappy to change and a bottle to feed can also be a good way to help them feel included as they are able to "feed" their baby at the same time...change bubs nappy, give their bub a bath etc...

Think your idea of the boxes is brilliant :) You may find your LO just wants to sit near you and watch (for a while at least).  Also (don't know how much tv you like to use) but a special DVD just for feeding time can be nice for LOs too

Good luck with your idea, sounds brilliant to me :)
lizzie

Uploaded with ImageShack.us