Author Topic: lactose intolerant moving from formula  (Read 1344 times)

Offline mrsrobbo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
  • Bev, mum to Bradley, Paige and 9 angels x
lactose intolerant moving from formula
« on: July 16, 2009, 19:22:00 pm »
Paige is now 1, and normally would introduce cows milk right, but as she still ant even tolerate a mouthful of yogurt im not even gonna attempt it. even though the health visitor said " lets just see what happens"....erm no i think not

so what next, do i keep her on the infasoy formula or put her on soy milk? i cook with soy milk and she has it on breakfast but it say on all of the cartons not to be used as a milk source until 2 years.... am i being thick here or what???

any advice greatfully received

x

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
Re: lactose intolerant moving from formula
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 19:25:28 pm »
i would keep her on the formula, personally. 

the reason why the soy can't be used as a main source of milk until after age 2 is because it is lacking in certain vitamins (can't recall off the top of my head which, perhaps vit D?) and fat. 

by keeping her on the formula, you are ensuring she is still getting the needed fat and vitamins.

the other option would be to get lactose free cow's milk (it's called lactaid in canada but not sure in the UK) which is only missing the lactose, everything else is there, OR the lactaid drops, which you add to regular milk and it breaks down the lactose.

HTH

Offline mrsrobbo

• Showing Appreciation 20
  • Bev, mum to Bradley, Paige and 9 angels x
Re: lactose intolerant moving from formula
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 19:27:27 pm »
we have the lacto free milk, we use the chesse and cheese spread etc from that...will look into it thanks...really dont want to just try the cows milk right now its not fair