Author Topic: w2s question  (Read 688 times)

Offline nolansmommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 21, 2009, 15:55:50 pm »
Today is Day #1 of consistent wake to sleep.  It hasn't worked for me yet. I have tried it off/on this weekend.  I am commited now for 3 full days to see how it goes.  How far should i wake her at the 20 min marker?  I tickled her cheek for nap1 this morning and she rustled a bit but settled right back into sleep on her own.  I was thinking that I should have woken her a bit more?  Also, do I stay in her room for the remainder of the nap?  She woke at the 30 min marker (her usual is 30 - 45 min) after I did w2s at 20 min.  I took her out of the crib to get her drowsy again and put her back in and she only slept an additional 10 min and then it was time to eat.    When she first wakes out of the nap she IMMEDIATELY opens her eyes so it's difficult to just apply pressure.  It also wakes her up more when I shield her eyes...any suggestions regarding that?  TIA!!

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 23:40:24 pm »
Hi there!

we have had about 50% success with W2S, we had more success with HTTJ but with W2S you need to find the magic number to stir her, i would always stir at the 23min mark, you need to play with the times, it took a couple of days to figure out which one was best but in the end it worked quite well. just brushing her cheek should be enough, i would often run a finger along the neckline kind of like a tickle, until he took a deep breath, kind of like a sigh, and then quickly got out of there. on days when i would do HTTJ i would go in at 30mins and hold his arms, i would hide at the head of the cot behind a blanket that was draped over the cot head and hold for about 25mins, this one i got success about 90% of the time.

have you tried darkening the room so you dont ahve to shield her eyes??? its very difficult when you only have two hands to do all these things :)

How old is your LO?