Author Topic: spreads on toast  (Read 909 times)

scucci1979

spreads on toast
« on: October 30, 2009, 00:17:54 am »
My lo will only eat her toast/bagel with butter. I have tried cream cheese and jam but she refuses it. Any other ideas? Do I still keep offering it to her?

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: spreads on toast
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 00:26:51 am »
Dylan refuses just about everything except his dairy free margarine and grape jelly ::)

What I do is offer one half of his bagel or toast with just his margarine on it, and the other half with some sort of spread (a different jam or jelly, or fruit puree, thinking of trying honey soon since he is almost 13mo).  That way I am offering it, assuming that some day he'll decide it's interesting enough to try, but I also ensure that there is something on his tray that he will eat.  I have heard that los sometimes need to be exposed to something dozens of times before they will try it, and the trick is to just keep offering :)

HTH :)
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline momtonb&ab

• Showing Appreciation 234
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 00:33:21 am »
what about avocado?  we used to just put a thin spread on and the kids loved it.   not sure how old your lo is but also almond butter which has no sugar added is fantastic, as is honey or applesauce.

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 00:51:14 am »
Butter isn't necessarily bad, just get organic unsalted and if it's all she likes then let her have it!  Keep trying other things, but otherwise stick with the butter until something else sticks.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

scucci1979

Re: spreads on toast
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 00:29:00 am »
Thanks ladies. I bought pure strawberry jam today so I am going to try that. I have to admit, there have been a few times when I used Margarine-I think she likes the salt.