Author Topic: Starting daycare, eating routine at 9 mos?  (Read 825 times)

Offline krysta44

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Starting daycare, eating routine at 9 mos?
« on: November 02, 2009, 13:31:19 pm »
Hi Girls
Im hoping for some advice - ive been doing baby whisperer right from the start and BLW from 6 months. Ive never had any real queries with either but as Kitty is now starting nursery its thrown me a bit and made me question what we are doing?

She is 9 months next week and  will try anything, although still doesnt seem to actually EAT vey much! I had to stop bfeeding at 4 months as had to go in to hospital myself so she has been bottle fed since then. She is still having 4 7oz bottles a day 7,11,3,7 with food at 8, 12 and 5.30 / 6.
She is a big baby at 99th percentile for height and 70th for weight but i wonder am i hindering her actually eating more by giving her so much milk?

On to nursery!! they have the most insane routine i feel and im just not sure how it will work for us so see what you think?? They have Lunch - solids at 11!! nap at 11.45, Tea at 3!!
With Kitty still having a bottle at 11 and 3 i dont they will be able to give her what she has whilst feeding the others - and i really dont want her to have to eat alone while the others all nap and visa versa have to sit watching everyone else eat while she has a bottle??

SHe is only going one day a week - im thinking for that day maybe she can have 'lunch' at 11 with the others then her bottle after when they are finished and then the same for 'tea' at 3? SHould she not really be relying on that bottle at 11 and 3 anymore??

Any advice much appreciated
krysta
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 00:19:18 am by Mimi 2 »

Offline Mimi 2

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 167
Re: Starting daycare, eating routine at 9 mos?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 21:11:29 pm »
Hve you spoke to the daycare?  Some can be very accommodating and will suggests a solution that can work for everyone.

At 9mos, she could still be on 4 bottles.  Some don't give up until they are older.  Can she hold her bottle?  Is she on finger food? 
Cherishing the moments with the
Ballerina Princess (Oct '04) & Wiggly Monkey (Jul '07)