Author Topic: 10 month - naps gone crazy  (Read 561 times)

Offline Hannah'sMom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
10 month - naps gone crazy
« on: December 09, 2009, 03:16:28 am »
Hello everyone,
My DD is a Spirited 10 month old.  She is cutting her first top tooth and is a little grouchy with the sniffels.  Finally her sleeping at night is getting better. She used to wake every hour but now only wakes once per night. 
Her naps used to be the great part but now are not so good. Here is her usual routine:

630am - wake
0915 - nap
1100 - wake
300 - nap
430ish- wake
730 - bed

now it is kind of going like this:
6 ish - wake
7 - sleep - she is sooo cranky if I try to keep her awake
8 wake
1030 - nap 
1100 - wake
230 - nap
300 - wake
730  - bed

I'm guessing she is overtired due to the 30 mins naps but i'm not sure how to fix this.  Is it because she is teething and everything is out of wack?
Should I keep trying to get her back on the old schedule or will she get back into it on her own?
I do try the W2S but she still wakes 30-45mins from the start of the nap.

I know I should be happy that she is sleeping better at night and not care so much about the napping but she is so cranky and clingy because she isn't napping.
Any advice.

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: 10 month - naps gone crazy
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 10:34:36 am »
If she's waking at 6 but wants to be back asleep by 7 I would treat that 6am waking as a NW as she is obviously not 'done' sleeping for the night at 6. Keep the room dark, no lights on, no milk, no chat, just try to settle her back to sleep.

10 months is a crazy time because they start to need longer As but still need 2 naps a day so it gets harder to fit the sleep into a 12 hr day. A 30-60 mins nap in the morning is OK, but you could try bringing her pm nap earlier so she has a shorter A time beforehand.

Teething does send everything out of whack too. You can try medicating 30 mins before her main nap to see if it will help her to sleep better.