Author Topic: eyes popping open for 1 m. old  (Read 570 times)

Offline donvitol

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: March 24, 2010, 01:06:19 am »
DS #2 is 1 month old, and hs crib, but have been having an extremely difficult time with sleep.  Have been doing shh/pat in his crib.  Takes him a while and a lot of tears to fall asleep.  He will have the normal jolts, which I can easily pat him through.  Our problem is when he will just open his eyes suddenly, not with any jolts.  What is going on with that?  Why does that happen?  Shh/pat does not help him go back to sleep easily, we have to start all over again.  This happens several times each nap, and seems to happen more frequently when he is OT, which is every nap since it takes him so long to fall asleep for good, which causes him to have a short nap.  So we are going through a vicious cycle here.  FYI, am on a 2 1/2- 3 hour easy, with about 45 min. A time before strating to wind down. 

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: eyes popping open for 1 m. old
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 03:20:31 am »
Might be one of those developmental things that can pop up from time to time. Does he seem otherwise comfortable? I ask because it was about this time that my first child's reflux became noticeable, or would have been noticeable had we known what to look for. Neither of mine took to pat/shh or PU/PD either, FWIW. :-\

You may also need to tweak his A time a little longer or shorter. I never did get good at telling when mine were OT or UT, but lots of other moms here have good pointers on that. :)