Author Topic: 22m great sleeper now having issues at night & nap  (Read 736 times)

Offline mkblessings

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
22m great sleeper now having issues at night & nap
« on: April 06, 2010, 02:23:35 am »
My DD has been the best sleeper ever (thanks to Tracy).  Now she has started having night wakings several or most nights of the week.  They can be just once or throughout the night.  She only requires a pat on the back and she's back to sleep but it still messes with our sleep to keep going in there.  Also, her 2-3 hour naps have gone down to 1 1/2 hours and she wakes up crying and wanting more sleep but it doesn't happen.  Her naptime is 1pm and her bedtime was 7 but has moved 8 since the time changed and we stay outside a little longer.  She sleeps 11-12 hours at night (mostly 12).  I want to move her to her big bed because new baby is coming this summer and will need the crib.  I want to get her sleep back on track before the transition.  The issues have been going on about a month now.  We got rid of the pacifier about 2 weeks before this all started so I don't think this is related.  She has all her teeth except for her 2 year molars.

Offline *Liz*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
Re: 22m great sleeper now having issues at night & nap
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:37:26 am »
I can symapthesise with the Nwings - sounds exactly the same as my DS. They are OT driven mainly for us I think.

What time is she napping?

Offline mkblessings

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 20:10:19 pm »
1pm-2:30

Offline *Liz*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 19:07:06 pm »
If she is waking at 8am and napping at 1pm that is 5hrs A, so I think I would try pushing it back a bit to 1.15pm initially and see if that improves the length of it.

I had a period of this when J was about 15 mths and had been on 1 nap for 3 mths and we solved it by moving from 5.5hrs to 6hrs first A time. The naps lenthened again and the nights then got better as he was no longer OT after a too short nap.