Author Topic: 7 week old feedings  (Read 877 times)

Offline slrayburn

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 23, 2010, 21:46:58 pm »
My son is 7 weeks old and is taking 4-5 ounces every three hours on the dot, except for night time.. He sometimes even wakes early from naps and starts to act hungry and i end up having to feed 2.5 hrs because he can't wait till the 3 hour mark because of the early wake.. does this sound okay??? i have heard of a growth spurt around ths time.. he just turned 7 weeks..

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 7 week old feedings
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 06:31:39 am »
Sounds totally normal to me! There is a big growth spurt around 6 weeks so he could be going through that now. How long is he going between feeds at night? It's fine to demand feed, most FF babies will go the full 3 hours but 7 weeks is so little and we always fed mine if they were hungry before the 3 hour mark although we tried to distract until at least 2.5 hours to make sure they didn't start snacking.

If naps are getting shorter it could mean your routine needs a bit of tweaking so keep an eye on A times and post in EASY or naps if you need some help.

HTH!

Laura

Offline slrayburn

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 13:40:06 pm »
usually he is up for a hour between cycles.. I am not supper strict with it, and often let him tell me what he needs, but our schedule usually looks something like this:

E6ish
A6-7am
S7a-830am (sometimes will get the full  2hours)

E9ish
A9-10am
S10-1130

and so on.. the last few days though he has been waking around a hour up though, instead of the 1.5-2hours, so i am struggle with keeping him occupied till the next feeding because i agree that he doesn't need to eat before 2.5hours and it is throwing our routine off a bit, because it is AEASY.... but he still shows me the ssame signs of being tired around a hour of wake time...

i was thinking maybe just a little growth spurt or something..