Author Topic: Mix feeding with hypoallergenic formula?  (Read 3448 times)

Offline Edesanja

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 39
Re: Mix feeding with hypoallergenic formula?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 02:15:40 am »
Wow Kirry that's great  :D

We are doing ok breastfeeding for the moment so I'm hoping we won't need to use the Neocate now. Still doing a top up of ebm in a bottle after the bedtime feed, to keep him taking a bottle just in case though.
Jenny - mama to

Offline donna_issabella

• Showing Appreciation 941
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 02:31:44 am »
Hey Liz,

I would also start it ASAP! DS and DD both at 3 months took to formula - DS Nutramigen and DD Alimentum - no problem. With DD I did the nutramigen as well, but she reacted to it, went back to BM and then Alimentum and she was not fazed about either both times.

HUGS. It is so frustrating how something one thinks is supposed to be natural for babes (drinking milk as they are hungry!) can be SO stressful!

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 19:40:51 pm »
I'm still having bottle rejection issues which I need to crack  :-\.

She reacts no differently to EBM or the HAF in the bottle - but I do think I need to sort this soon else we will have proper rejection issues.

One of the things I have found so disappointing about DD being a MSPI/ reflux bub is that I SO wanted to feed her nicely  :-\. That whole 'sleepy baby feeding in mamas arms thing'. Jacob was a wrestle to feed, and so is Megan. I would LOVE a hungry baby who just drinks milk  :).

Offline donna_issabella

• Showing Appreciation 941
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 20:23:05 pm »
One of the things I have found so disappointing about DD being a MSPI/ reflux bub is that I SO wanted to feed her nicely  :-\. That whole 'sleepy baby feeding in mamas arms thing'. Jacob was a wrestle to feed, and so is Megan. I would LOVE a hungry baby who just drinks milk  :).

HUGS, know the feeling.

Offline Edesanja

• Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 20:34:10 pm »
As I said earlier we did the controvertial cold turkey method. I NEEDED an alternative in case she went on strike again. If you need her to take bottle + formula for when you go back to work I think I'd give it a go in your position. The hardest thing to doing it was knowing that she was already only making small gains if any - made it extra hard to decide to 'starve her out'. Was over very quickly though.
J has been another matter though....
Jenny - mama to

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 20:44:03 pm »
Jenny - I did a cold turkey with Jacob as well  :-[ - as I needed to get him onto HAF. Thing is he was older so the bottle introduction was OK but he never took the HAF.

Megan is losing weight, and a bit young for all that really. But you are right - it is a future option.

scarlettsmom

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 23:13:01 pm »
Just dropping off big ((((hugs)))) Liz.   :-*